Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2018 5:22:25 PM EDT
Is it a rule violation for entire squad to shoot ahead 1 stage if they don't delay the match and are at their designated stage during their allotted time?

My squad today shot ahead on an open stage because the squad ahead of us was slow. We finished the empty stage before the squad we were waiting on was finished. We got bumped off the stage by the RO about 1/3 of our way through shooting because another squad complained.
We were allotted the 12 to 1pm time slot and were on that stage during that time.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
How did you finish the stage if the RO booted you off 1/3 of the way through?

Basically, you’re all going to finish at the same time in the end so if I was in the squad you skipped over and then had to wait for you, I wouldn’t be happy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Local match ?

I'm no rulebook commando, but I don't think it's in there.

I have been in squads where we skipped a bogged down stage to one with zero or little waiting.  Nobody seemed to mind,  but eventually you have to return to the bogged down stage

heck, I've been to local matches that don't even squad

you just walk from stage to stage in what ever order you want.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

How did you finish the stage if the RO booted you off 1/3 of the way through?

Basically, you’re all going to finish at the same time in the end so if I was in the squad you skipped over and then had to wait for you, I wouldn’t be happy.
View Quote
That's the thing. So, we went to stage 1, it was backed up. Went and shot stage 2, before the squad on 1 was finished. Went and started shooting stage 1 after the slow squad finished. When we were shooting stage 1 another squad(not the slow squad, another fast squad) came up and complained to the RO that they had to wait on us because we jumped stages. At that point we'd already ran 4 shooters through the stage when we got bumped for them.
Clear as mud? If we had shoot the stages in order, we'd still have only ran through those 4 shooters. We'd just be behind by a stage.
The real kicker for me is that the match director implemented a schedule for the stages. We were scheduled to shoot stage 1 from noon to 1pm. We were shooting at 12:15 or so when we got bumped for the squad behind us.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Derek45:

Local match ?

I'm no rulebook commando, but I don't think it's in there.

I have been in squads where we skipped a bogged down stage to one with zero or little waiting.  Nobody seemed to mind,  but eventually you have to return to the bogged down stage

heck, I've been to local matches that don't even squad

you just walk from stage to stage in what ever order you want.
View Quote
Local match ran under USPSA rules for PCC.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The complaining squad is a bunch of idiots.

If you finished Stage 2 before the slowpokes finished Stage 1, then waited for them to finish and started your squad on Stage 1, you weren't responsible for any squad behind you having to wait.  It was the slowpokes fault.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FredMan:
The complaining squad is a bunch of idiots.

If you finished Stage 2 before the slowpokes finished Stage 1, then waited for them to finish and started your squad on Stage 1, you weren't responsible for any squad behind you having to wait.  It was the slowpokes fault.
View Quote
It's confusing why we got bumped. Another friend said something about range politics. I attempted to get an understanding from the match director but was told "We broke the rules" and not much else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top