Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2018 5:21:26 PM EDT
Has anyone thought about the poly80 gen 3 builds for the limited class in USPSA? Some mods that are done on production guns involves changing stock parts, so I’m thinking that maybe build it in the first place with the stuff you want.  Any suggestions or advice ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess my first thought is why?

If you want to shoot a Glock in limited, get a G22/G35/G24, slap good sights and a magwell on it and go.

I don't know anyone who's good at the sport that gets cute with equipment.  Stick to the tried and true.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You won't  shoot Glock in limited for long.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it really that big of a disadvantage?
Does it hurt Bob Vogel?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot a 2011 in Limited, there are plenty of Glock 35 shooting M & GM who have not problem beating me
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You won't  shoot Glock in limited for long.
View Quote
Really? Tell us o great one why?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Really? Tell us o great one why?
View Quote
Because the 2011 is a far superior platform for limited, beyond being sexy as hell.

More comfortable, better balanced, flatter shooting, better trigger, doesn't nose dive near as bad when returning to battery (unless you want to have an unreliable glock to reduce your recoil spring enough), just as reliable as long as you take care of your mags (goes for both platforms).

I went from shooting glocks to 2011's and will never go back... my atlas nemesis is beyond amazing.
But... I might switch to limited minor and 9mm just because 3 gun tickles my jimmy far more than USPSA (kinda have to pick one, since the big con of 2011s = price)

Not saying a 2011 will make you a better shooter, or you cant make GM with a glock... but it is a superior platform.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree on superior platform as far as trigger and weight, but I've witnessed several versions of  2011's ruin a guys day at a match, while the plastic guns just work.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I agree on superior platform as far as trigger and weight, but I've witnessed several versions of  2011's ruin a guys day at a match, while the plastic guns just work.
View Quote
Sure, if you keep them stock.  Start dicking with the triggers and adding mag extensions and kiss that reliability goodbye.

Most of the 2011 malf's I see are open guns.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#9]
IMHO....

Modding a Glock is like making a Prius into a rally car.  Inm the end, its still a Prius and it cost a crap ton of $ to get it there.

Buy a pistol with the sole purpose for competition use. Does not have to be a 2011, or some other high dollar race gun.

CZ
TangFo
Q5
etc..

If someone throws out there Vogel, Taran, etc... keep in mind you could give them a Hipoint and they would beat 90% of the shooters with that.

But us mortals, can buy a $1000 pistol and grow into it. You will quickly grow out of a Glock if you get serious about Comp. Shooting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]
2011 for me also

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m curently working on a 320 to run in Limited for this coming season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top