Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2021 5:22:00 AM EDT
So I haven’t shot in competition for almost 8 years. I used to shoot USPSA and IDPA from about 2005-2009 and shot state level pistol matches for another 5ish years. Been to several carbine/pistol classes but never competed with a rifle. Just signed up for the 2 man team match this November at Tiger Valley down in Waco TX. And here’s the kicker, my team mate is my mom! Very proud that she’s willing to step up to the gut check that is tiger valley. Any body else here planning on going or have any advice from previous competitions?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been to 2 of the events. Great fun and challenging stages. Nothing special to prepare. Pick a partner that is strong where you are weak. For instance, if you're a good carbine shooter, get you a good pistol shooter for a partner.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good. We’re both pretty well rounded though I’ll probably be a little stronger on the rifle. so I guess we’ll be good then. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:33:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkP] [#3]
I've done both 2 & 4 man team matches at TV.

Stages combined multiple bays with some physical task thrown in:
Litter carry
Crawl through a "tunnel"
Package recovery drag

Expect to run from shooting area to shooting area. Distances were not very far but the clock is ticking...Also expect lots of down time while others are going through each stage.
Use the time to come up with your own game plan strategy.

Have plenty of water, energy snacks in your range bags.

Watch out for trip wires on the hostage rescue stage!

And give the "hostage" mannequin dummy a thorough search for intel.

Cons:
Penalties weren't sever enough when bypassing obstacles (6 & 8' walls on the O course).

Last time I was there was '14, don't know how the match has progressed since then.

stage from 2009
2009 Tiger Valley Team Match Stage 2

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome thanks! I’ll be sure and watch for claymores lol
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Your mom wants you to win. So win. Very cool OP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top