Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2018 2:08:19 PM EDT
I've got a CR Speed Hi Torque belt on the way for my eventual foray into USPSA but wonder if its feasible to use the stiff outer belt in IDPA in the meantime.  I'd run it through the loops to be within the rules.

Anyone done this?  Stupid?  Decent idea?  I'd be using my current Fobus holster and double mag pouch.  I bought the belt because it was on sale for a low enough price to justify going ahead and getting it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've got a CR Speed Hi Torque belt on the way for my eventual foray into USPSA but wonder if its feasible to use the stiff outer belt in IDPA in the meantime.  I'd run it through the loops to be within the rules.

Anyone done this?  Stupid?  Decent idea?  I'd be using my current Fobus holster and double mag pouch.  I bought the belt because it was on sale for a low enough price to justify going ahead and getting it.
View Quote
Doable i guess but not really optimal.  One of the main reasons you use an inner/outer setup in USPSA is so the gear on the belt never moves, so when you strap it on, it's ALWAYs the same.  The best USPSA specific gear you'll find isn't exactly designed to be attached and released quickly, so you won't want to dick with that once you get it set.  Use if for IDPA for the time being, but once you get your USPSA rig set, leave it and get a good rigid carry belt for IDPA.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
IDPA was originally created to duplicate street encounters using your EDC kit.

Quit gaming it and just wear your EDC kit, your daily carry gun and full power SD ammo.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
IDPA rules are asinine.

Shoot NFS if its all you have around you and wear what you will be competing with.

I don't go around town in a fishing vest, and they don't allow appendix carry, nor full mags, or shooting on the move really, so it doesn't simulate any real world anything for anyone. Except for maybe boomers who wear fishing vests in public to "conceal" a OWB holster and 3-4 mags, and don't have the thumb strength to load their mags past 10 or live in a commie state.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Have the same belt for USPSA. I think it would stay together without the inner belt if you had a good 6" of overlap. But like someone else said its not ideal.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not really trying to game it.  IDPA is the closest thing to me.  USPSA is about an hour further from me.  I figure once I get a full rig together I'll set it up and leave it, and start shooting that instead.  Call it a slow transition.

I just want something a little more sturdy than my old regular belts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not really trying to game it.  IDPA is the closest thing to me.  USPSA is about an hour further from me.  I figure once I get a full rig together I'll set it up and leave it, and start shooting that instead.  Call it a slow transition.

I just want something a little more sturdy than my old regular belts.
View Quote
A kore essentials or wilderness tactical instructor belt is what you want.  The Kore you can get in canvas or leather with a kydex reinforcement.  It's what i'd use if i shot IDPA, and what i use for EDC as well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:41:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll look into that.  I'm learning about the black hole that is belts.  I knew there were many of them.  I just didnt know there were this many.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, when I shot IDPA some years back, pretty much everyone was gaming "The Game". The joke was "if you're not gaming, you're not trying hard enough".

OP, try it, see how it works...it's just a belt.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll look into that.  I'm learning about the black hole that is belts.  I knew there were many of them.  I just didnt know there were this many.
View Quote
There are a LOT of competition belts out there.

Double Alpha, Safariland, Black Scorpion, etc..

I use Black Scorpion exclusively.
with the inner/outer combo, it is very rigid and comfie.
4 mag holders, one magnetic mount.

I have three complete rigs setup and none have let me down.
If I had to choose a sponsor, Black Scorpion would be high on the list, not because of the belt itself....they are all pretty much just as good....but the mag holders are fantastic.

I think you can get them as a package for about $150 shipped. (no holster)
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I found the CR Speed EDC belt was perfect for IDPA and meets the rule requirements. The belt is really stiff and keeps your gear in place.
https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CR-Speed-EDC-Belt-P3565.aspx
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#11]
i just wear my normal carry belt, thick leather i got at a gun show years back.  some wear their uspsa inner belt, it's thick/firm enough (double alpha or cr speed) and fits thru the belt loops easier than the outer belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top