Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2012 1:39:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PFC_Dustin]
Im just now switching my Eotech over to a 1-4x scope and I just got the Cat-tail in the mail.  Now that I've got it on I was wondering how most people position it; by this I mean, when its at 1x where do you usually have the lever positioned?  Also what hand do most people use to switch it?  

thanks in advance.

Dustin
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the 1-4x scopes I've seen have some type of bump on the zoom ring and the cat tail will have a spot for it so it only fits on one way.  The lever on my Meopta and Burris rested in different locations due to this.  The lever on the Burris is 90 degrees to the left at 1x and 90 degrees to the right at 4x.

I use my weak hand to switch the zoom.  I'll only switch if I'm moving between shooting positions so it's easier to run and hold the rifle with one hand if it's my strong hand.  If I've got a mix of close and far targets at the same shooting position I pick a zoom before I get there and just deal with it.  It's usually faster than switching in the middle of engaging targets.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JesseTischauser:
My Swarovski z6i has a bump so my throw levers only go one spot.  What scope and throw lever r u running?

Its a Nikon M223.  There's a bump but the lever doesnt fit over it so where its installed I can put it what ever way I want.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 2:16:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PFC_Dustin] [#5]
Originally Posted By PFC_Dustin:
My Swarovski z6i has a bump so my throw levers only go one spot.  What scope and throw lever r u running?

Its a Nikon M223.  There's a bump but the lever doesnt fit over it so where its installed I can put it what ever way I want.

Who's cattail is it?

Its an MGM switch foot.  I'll try to post pictures of it tonight.

ETA:
This is it switched to 1x.  4x is 180* to the right.

Don’t pay any attention to the lack of clearance for the BUIS.  It’s not staying on that rifle it’s just there until I get a new mount and put it on my other rifle.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 8:32:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JesseTischauser] [#6]
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Was that MGM Switchview specifically built for a Nikon scope?  I have a Switchview on my Swarovski Z6i that was built for another scope but it "works" in my Z6i too kinda.   I bought the Switchview that kinda works on a Burrus Tac30 too but it's exactly backwards to we're you want the lever because it was made for a different scope.  The MGM Switchview levers are the best looking and are great quality.  Unfortunately they don't put enough emphasis on making parts specifically for every popular 3 gun scope.  I know when I spend $2200 on the best scope on the market I want everything perfect including the throw lever.

I'm not bashing MGM here.  I love their targets, their service is amazing, and their Switchview is the best out there if its specifically built for your scope.

I think 3 Gun Stuff or Charlie drisselay have a throw lever that fits your Nikon perfectly.

3 Gun Stuff

Charlie Drissel Throw Levers

I have several of each of these guys levers.  I personally like the Drissel ones the best due to the fit and finish.  All of them are great though.

It’s made for the Mueller APT 4.5-14x but they list it as fitting the Nikon M223.  It fits just not over the bump since the bump is on a slanted portion of the scope.  

Is there a way to kind of loosen the the magnification adjustment tension on the scope?  It’s a little slow and difficult to move from 1x-4x.  It’s still smooth but really slow moving.  Is that normal?
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Agree with Jesse, to tight, be careful not to crack the adjustment ring when tightening.
Looks nice, I look forward to hearing how it functions for you. I have had a few guys ask me if I knew anyone that made one for the M-223 Scopes, now I can pass this info along.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 1:18:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I loosened it and it didnt help.  In fact I kept loosening it and testing it until it just fell off lol.  I did however rotate it to be at angles that seem to be faster.  I'll post pictures later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top