Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2021 9:02:48 AM EDT
Hello everyone. One of my goals for the year is to shoot a few tactical type 2 or 3 gun matches. I’ve been looking at the  Coleman’s Creek Combat Competition as one of them and I like the looks of it so others like it would be good. I have also been looking at the Vortex Sniper challenge(previously hosted by Bushnell) in the same location.  

I’d like to find a few more of the more tactical style 2 or 3 gun matches, I’m already aware of most of the precision rifle/Ruck type matches but feel free to throw those in as well

I would prefer matches that are geared towards common tactical style guns and gear not race Guns and gear. I would like to find some that have a physical element but that’s not mandatory. Looking for matches within a few hour drive of south central VA. Any suggestions are appreciated.

** if this helps I shoot glock pistols with red dots, I have a benelli m4 and Remington 870 for the shotguns, also have a cz scorpion sbr if there are any pcc divisions and then I have ARs next in all flavors. No battle rifle type chambering at the moment so the heavy type tactical divisions aren’t in play at the moment. Then I have a few different precision rifles( these have been my focus as far as competing goes until now)

Any suggestions are appreciated and maybe I’ll see some of you out there!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Kettlefoot Rod and Gun Club just outside of Bristol shoots IDPA, USPSA, Steel, and 3 gun. Check their schedule.

I will never shoot another one of their State Championship matches but if I lived nearby, i would probably shoot their local matches.

https://kettlefootgunclub.org/
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
It is likely more than you want to drive but ORSA puts on excellent matches.

http://orsaonline.org/
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JSG:
It is likely more than you want to drive but ORSA puts on excellent matches.

http://orsaonline.org/
View Quote

Yes I think that is going to be a little far for me!
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried a Run n Gun?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wiseanhyzer:
Have you tried a Run n Gun?
View Quote

I was going to say the same thing.  How far are you willing to travel?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Fairfax Rod and Gun Club in Manassas has been doing 2 gun ACM matches on Sundays once a month this year.
It’s two gun with a physical challenge aspect to it.
Check out InRange TV on YouTube, very similar.
FRGC 2 Gun ACM

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top