Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2017 5:32:45 PM EDT
I started with a JM930, and switched to the Stoeger M3k at the end of last season and ran it the majority of this season. I've had a few issues, but both of those guns run fine if cleaned properly! I decided to try a M2 and just got it yesterday from Hayes Custom Guns out of Texas. I'm in love! 25 game loads and 200 federal bulk target loads later and zero issues. Love the way this shoots and with the longer barrel than my Stoeger the IC choke was perfect at the range today. Today was break in, will run it in first match next weekend and can't wait!

Slow Mo Vid

Steel n Clay Practice

@3GunSteve
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, FN SLP has been crushing it for years. Custom M2 is only a marginal improvement.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Middlelength:
Meh, FN SLP has been crushing it for years. Custom M2 is only a marginal improvement.
View Quote
Marginal?How about the winningest shotgun in 3 gun?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Middlelength:
View Quote
That's one shotgun I don't see at a lot of at matches. I have no experience with the FN, why is a M2 only marginal improvement?
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot a FN SLP for a few years, gun would go down right in the middle of a stage. I bought a Beretta 1301 over 10,000 rds. through it and never a hiccup. Only two shotgun worth running in 3 gun is the 1301 and M2, neither will let you down.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:
I shot a FN SLP for a few years, gun would go down right in the middle of a stage. I bought a Beretta 1301 over 10,000 rds. through it and never a hiccup. Only two shotgun worth running in 3 gun is the 1301 and M2, neither will let you down.
View Quote
When I got mine I was picking between the M2 and the 1301. The 1301 swung better for me and snapped to my shoulder better so it got to come to it's forever home.  I had used tricked out M2s that other shooters had and while nice they seemed a little temperamental to me. The Blink gas system just eats everything I've thrown at it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 3GunSteve:
I started with a JM930, and switched to the Stoeger M3k at the end of last season and ran it the majority of this season. I've had a few issues, but both of those guns run fine if cleaned properly! I decided to try a M2 and just got it yesterday from Hayes Custom Guns out of Texas. I'm in love! 25 game loads and 200 federal bulk target loads later and zero issues. Love the way this shoots and with the longer barrel than my Stoeger the IC choke was perfect at the range today. Today was break in, will run it in first match next weekend and can't wait!

Slow Mo Vid

Steel n Clay Practice

@3GunSteve
View Quote

Looks good. What barrel length did you go with?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By nihilsum:

Looks good. What barrel length did you go with?
View Quote
Thank You! 26" with 12rd tube
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top