Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2014 9:45:31 PM EDT
I picked up an 8-up shell holder from Taccom, so I'm moving to the load two technique.  I'm getting on average 8 rounds loaded in 9.5 seconds.  I'm getting slowed down by the front edge of my second shell getting caught on the brass rim of the first shell.  This requires me to slide my hand back toward the trigger guard just a hair and push the second shell in.  I'm grabbing the shells of my carrier so that the two shells are in a line and the pads of my fingers pinch the shells against my fingers between the knuckle and first joint.   I am shooting an 1100 with the DMW EZ Loader.  I haven't done anything with the loading port except sand the sharp edges.  If I didn't have to make this double movement, I could really save some time.  

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tuflehundon] [#1]
try opening up the loading port. Makes a huge difference. Helps put your hands were they need to be
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I'll do some googling to figure out how to do that for an 1100.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Jesse Tischauser has some good detailed videos on YouTube walking you through it. His videos are for a Stoeger M3000, but it's pretty much the same for any gun.

Loading port mods
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top