Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2019 5:21:37 PM EDT
I want to shoot my Gen 5 G19 MOS in IDPA CCP Division. I tooK the upper with the RMR off it and put it on my 19x lower and took the upper off my 19x and put it on the Gen 5 G19 Lower.  The lower has an Overwatch Trigger in it. The rules say that CCP follows ESP rules which Custom Triggers are ok but then it says Trigger Shoes are not? Is that OK? My son shot his M&p 2.0 compact with Apex flat faced trigger and no one said anything. I just don't want to run into problems down the line for either of us. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Local club matches often are lax on the hardware side of the rules.
I’m no glock guy so not sure about that trigger

If it is safe it will probably be allowed in the club shoots.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like to have to keep the stock trigger shoe.  But like the poster above said, unless you are winning matches I doubt anyone will say anything.

8.2.2.3 ESP Excluded Features and Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):
A. Trigger shoes.
B. Disabling the slide stop.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, that pretty much confirms what I was thinking as well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
@AR-ZONA

I don't shoot much IDPA but you should be good to go.  From what I remember reading they are referring to a piece that goes over the trigger to make it wider (often wider than the trigger guard).  I guess these were common back in the day on Bullseye 1911 guns.

Your trigger should be G2G.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks jbizzle. That is why I asked. Old guys like me (52) when I hear "trigger shoe" that means as you said a piece that slips on or connects to an existing trigger. Hence the confusion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top