Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 11:52:06 PM EDT
I've put a lot of time the last 6 months on learning handgun and AR15 shooting.  I've had several training classes both 1-on-1 and group.  I've progressed into creating my own drills which get tracked by scores and can focus on anything from precision to speed to holsters to malfunctions and reloads.  I'm hoping nothing derails me from shooting my first steel match this weekend and my first multigun the following (2 gun).  I have not shot a shotgun noor have I seen classes on them other then the one outdoor range that has skeet, while handgun & AR classes are common.  If I keep going, I will probably have a Berretta 1301 soon.

How would you guys recommend someone learn shotgun for 3 gun competitions and matches?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:20:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:18:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays. Train with it how it was intended to be used. One of my most favorite things to do. Go to a place where they throw different ways for the most excitement; crows, turkey, rabbit, quail, passing geese. Static targets are kinda hard to screw up with a shotgun. Moving targets are tons more fun to shoot at.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#3]
One of the big things to train with on the shotgun are reloads. Get some dummy rounds and practice those reloads.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JesseTischauser:
Take a class from Team Noveske.  Rob, Jansen and James have won a bunch of shotgun matches over the past several years.
View Quote

Rob, Jansen and James…are you guys available for a lesson?  
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Email [email protected]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1EyedFatMan:
Take a class from Team Noveske.  Rob, Jansen and James have won a bunch of shotgun matches over the past several years.

Rob, Jansen and James…are you guys available for a lesson?  

Email [email protected]

Why would I want to do that when I have Team Stag Arms right here!
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Where in Texas are you located?

One of the newer 3 Gun clubs located in the Houston area sets aside one weekend per month for a practice session.

They will set up several stages and then the shooters will run each of them several times each time trying something different.  Then the peanut gallery will try to critique your run.

I spoke to the two gentlemen running the event and they plan on stepping up the shotgun training.  Possibly a shotgun only match may be in their future.

Bill
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in Arlington, between Dallas and Fort Worth.  North Texas.  Plan on checking out the Waxahachi  matches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top