Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2018 1:18:19 AM EDT
So last year we had Heavy Sport and Heavy Optics.

Now its just Heavy.  HV-3G  . 10rnd 45ACP pistol, 308 rifle with scope and any magazine, Pump shotgun that starts loaded with 9, but can be topped off after the buzzer.

But I also saw this confusing class.
Practical 308 . P308-3G
Sounds like you just use your 308 rifle, but I see no heavy restrictions on the pistol or shotgun.  I'm guessing you could use your 9mm pistol and Semi shotgun.  However, I see no allowance for 1 shot neutralization for the 308 rifle.  If you still need 2 on paper with 308 whats the point?  Were they just sloppy with the rules?  It really sounds like Practical but shooting a 308 unless it actually requires a 45 pistol and pump shotgun, but they did not put the rules in correct?
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 1:24:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Kinda wish they had a Vintage category.  Which would be HM with Garands and 7 shot 1911s.  1 shot rule for that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 2:27:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish they'd introduce a two gun class - everything shot with pistol and rifle.

The matches would go much faster, be less gamey, and more reflective of the skills we are all trying to develop.

But I agree a WWII class would be bad ass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish they'd introduce a two gun class - everything shot with pistol and rifle.

The matches would go much faster, be less gamey, and more reflective of the skills we are all trying to develop.

View Quote
Welcome to Run n' Gun.

3  Gun has so many classes and so many rules it's hard to keep up with.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
More USPSA bullshit rules that make no sense. A WWII class? Get real. Take that outdated shit elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Could you enter a heavy metal match with a .303?
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
More USPSA bullshit rules that make no sense. A WWII class? Get real. Take that outdated shit elsewhere.
View Quote
I respectfully disagree. I think a WWII class would be awesome.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Could you enter a heavy metal match with a .303?
View Quote
Sure, why not?  It's over .308 bore diameter.

I used to shoot HM with an AK 47, a cz97 and 12 guage pump.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Heavy Metal was destroyed once they let autoloading shotguns in.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree. I think a vintage or WWII class would be fun and interesting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Heavy Metal was destroyed once they let autoloading shotguns in.
View Quote
Correction, heavy metal is destroyed once they let all the pansies and gamers in. Heavy metal was supposed to be about as close to a spec class as we can manage where everybody's running as close to the same equipment, and it was supposed to be hard.

Then we let all the whiners in with why can't I shoot my glock 45 or my fourty short and weak, with downloaded magazines, why can't I shoot my semi-automatic shotgun because I'm too wimpy to cycle the action on a pump, oh my gosh my eyes are old I have to have Optics on my 308 rifle, and so it went.

For a long time it really pissed me off that people would show up and whine about not being allowed to compete in heavy metal class because they didn't have equipment that was allowed in heavy metal class, totally ignoring the fact that those of us that were shooting the proper equipment didn't really want to be competing against people that were gaming. My position is the gamers belong in open.

When whiny little Gamers that could not actually compete in Tac Optics we're allowed to infiltrate heavy metal and use their equipment as a competitive advantage , heavy metal is gone.

This year I'm actually going back to shooting strict heavy metal myself, 8 Round pump shotgun 20 round open sight 308, single stack 45 with exactly 8-round magazines....in any matches without a prize table.  Most matches don't even have a heavy class so you'll see me signed up in open more often than any other.  But when you look at the scores, realize that for the most part anybody that I beat, I beat with heavy metal gear

Sniff, I  miss heavy metal, but if I'm honest I suppose it's fate was sealed when you couldn't call it He-Man anymore
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
You should do run n guns. Much misery, fun shooting. 10/10 like cola warrior...without the diabeetus ...maybe... Never done CW...yet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The fuq I’ve changed!!!
View Quote
...but you HAVE changed, you are so much softer now...
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#14]
The GA home town forum does a run and gun at a member owned range once every couple of months. It's a two gun, rifle and pistol.  I've been mulling over bringing my 1911 and 1919a4 (with izzy a6 kit) and seeing how that goes for me. Lol.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I just shoot my WWII guns in 3 gun matches when the urge hits me. I'm doing a 2 gun match on Sunday with a M1 Garand and a 1911A1. I'm getting old, so I'm not going to beat the young guns anyway. When I'm feeling like it I just shoot whatever guns I feel like, as long as the rules allow. I've done the WWII thing a few times, and on at least one occasion another shooter went home and came back with his WWII guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top