Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2020 3:06:39 PM EDT
There was a cancelation and I got in this morning. Anyone on here get in?  This is my first R&G outside of Rockastle.  My mind is ready.  Body not so much.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:59:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#1]
Yup!  I've done each of the past Heartbreaks, as well as the Rockcastle March RNGs and the Legion RNGs.

I haven't shot much over the winter, and have gotten even less cardio in.  So, I'm sure it'll be interesting!

Since you've not ran at Wilmore before- word of caution- they may say 10K, but it's going to be anywhere between 8K and about 13K.  (My money is closer to 13K).  And the shooting is generally more challenging than the Rockcastle RNGs, unless it was the Legion that you previously shot.

Can't wait until we get a little closer to see a forecast.  Weather usually is a big player in this match.

And finally- watch where you take a pee break or pick your nose, they're notorious for hiding game cams around the course.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Another well managed and fun event by the people involved at BGSL!   I ran at 0745- it was about 22 degrees I believe.  Which actually turned out to be nice, as the ground was frozen and I didn't have to deal with any mud or slick spots.  I ran in the + class, so there were additional obstacles on the way, as well an additional 1/4 mile + due to the last cache item past the finish line.  This is one tough event though!  Between the elevation changes, and the obstacle course, I'm still sore 3 days later.

I used the same gear I typically use for a run and gun- DoubleStar ARC 16" carbine with Samson SXS-LW rail, Bushnell Tac 1-6.5 optic, V-tac sling, MOD 1 Glock 34, Tactical Tailor Chest rig, Volund micro belt, Safariland holster.  And wore an old Camelbak Mule for water, snack, and some extra mags.  Only issue I had was due to sand in my rifle mags from having to dump the bag over my head.  But, during one of the run portions I downloaded my mag in question, cleaned the rounds off, and reloaded one of my empty mags that didn't have sand.

And it would be a disservice to not mention the lunch- fantastic!  Between the chilli, BBQ, and beans, I think I left heavier even after running 7.5 miles.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top