Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2019 8:58:48 AM EDT
I'm considering signing up for next month's GSSF outdoor match (I have been shooting my local indoor match), and I have come across a classification question.  Can you register an otherwise stock Glock in the unlimited division?  I don't see a rule that specifically disallows it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
No Problem.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#3]
If I recall correctly when the 43 came out guys were shooting them in unlimited.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool, thanks.

I plan on using a G17 in Civilian, G34 in Competition, G26 in Subcompact, G43 in Pocket Glock (all classes as Amateur). I just dont know what to use in Unlimited.  I wont be signing up for Heavy Metal or Major Sub, as I dont have anything that qualifies. Mind you I'm still new to this, so I'm still trying to figure out the rules a bit. Can I use the same pistol in 2 divisions?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like you have a plan.

There will be less amateurs in unlimited.  Competition I’ve found is a far more competitive environment for my quest to be the best of the mediocre.

The other thing to think thru is the order you will shoot these.   I limit to 4 guns (fatigue) and balance the one I have the best chance with as #2 or 3.  #1 is warm up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like you have a plan.

There will be less amateurs in unlimited.  Competition I’ve found is a far more competitive environment for my quest to be the best of the mediocre.

The other thing to think thru is the order you will shoot these.   I limit to 4 guns (fatigue) and balance the one I have the best chance with as #2 or 3.  #1 is warm up.
View Quote
This will be my first GSSF outdoor match. My "plan" is to observe/paste/reset most of Sat morning, shoot 2 or 3 categories around lunchtime/afternoon, and finish up on Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I am enjoying the indoor matches so far, I just need to learn to ignore the "time pressure" since I usually finish up with plenty of time to spare.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#9]
You have probably already read the tips but get there early and sign in first thing.

I might suggest you shoot Sunday.  Never been to the FL match but volume is usually much less and the staff and ROs have now remembered how to squad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top