Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2016 11:09:45 AM EDT
So I'm making the jump into a metal gun- been shooting Glocks for years but I want to try a 2011.  I've been looking at a High Performance Edge from Brazos but now there is an opportunity to snag a STI DVC (barely used) for well below what the DVC costs.  Never handling a DVC, I know that I can't call it.  Any opinions- pro's cons- both in 9mm but I don't know the differences in triggers, competition restrictions of the DVC etc.  Any help would be appreciated!  

Also, this has been (sort of) addressed before but- any recommendations on a Left hand holster to fit either of the above on a competition belt would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't really help you myself but you'll find a lot more experts on Brian Enos.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I own an STI 2011. Have not shot it in years. A Glock (or in my case an M&P) can be configured to shoot 99%+ the same for a small fraction of the price. For 3-Gun the "drop-and-run" nature of the striker fired guns makes a lot more sense, plus they are hands down much more reliable. My advice would be to save your $$$, upgrade the trigger on your Glock to a short-travel match unit of your choice, and then spend the money on other gear or ammo... this will move you up the match rankings a lot faster than a 2011 pistol. JMHO.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own an STI 2011. Have not shot it in years. A Glock (or in my case an M&P) can be configured to shoot 99%+ the same for a small fraction of the price. For 3-Gun the "drop-and-run" nature of the striker fired guns makes a lot more sense, plus they are hands down much more reliable. My advice would be to save your $$, upgrade the trigger on your Glock to a short-travel match unit of your choice, and then spend the money on other gear or ammo... this will move you up the match rankings a lot faster than a 2011 pistol. JMHO.
View Quote
I have never shot a polymer gun that shot like my edge. Not saying your advice isn't spot on but I've yet to feel a trigger and overall feel in polymer gun to rival a nice 1911/2011.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
CZ TSO
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both an Edge and a DVC. the DVC is not worth the extra money, buy an edge and and send it out for a trigger job you will have a great gun for less money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top