Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2020 7:10:53 PM EDT
I'm feeling an itch coming on to change up my shotgun a bit. It's a walnut/parked Remington 870 Police, currently wearing a 20" vent rib barrel and a 3-round Remington mag extension. I shoot steel plate matches a few times a year and also just shoot the snot out of the gun as often as I can (though, not much lately, given what's going on). Considering ordering up a 4-rounder with a clamp from Nordic and a Hogue overmolded stock. I haven't read anything negative about Nordic Components, hoping to hear feedback from you guys about their extension tubes.

As for the Hogue stock, I had one on my old 10/22 Takedown and I loved the texture and shape. I've read that the LOP is about 12" vs what, 18...19.. 25" for the factory Remington stock? Ok, 14" or so, right? So, that'll be a noticeable difference - So, I'm assuming it'll end up being noticeably lighter, which might be nice.

Anyone have an idea of what a shop would charge to open up the loading port? Honestly, I'm not too keen on attempting it myself, nor do I have the tools to do so.

I'll appreciate any info on this stuff, thanks in advance.

-Steve.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a Nordic extension on an older Auto5
Runs really well; may get one for my 870 as well at some point. VERY good build quality and worth the effort to source one.
No plan to open the port on my 870 though - I'm not high speed low drag nought for such shenanigans

Need to source another Hogue - got one for a mate and it looked very good for the money

Still like my Knoxx Stock as well. but gone back to basics for a while with the 870 as I planned to use the Auto5 for a year or two to see if I liked standard rather than manual for the competitions
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
nordic extensions are completely g-t-g imo.  I've had the long one for years w/o issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top