Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2018 12:02:00 PM EDT
So, a while back, I ordered a Weber Tactical D/O holster for my Beretta 92A1.  I've got a few other holsters for it so far, most of them I'm pretty happy with.  But I have to say the one from Weber I'm really disappointed so far.  The biggest problem I have with it, my pistol doesn't fit.  I can tell by the shape it is definitely for a 92 series, but when I try to holster, the only way I can get the gun to go into the holster at all is to loosen the tension screws until they are about to fall out, and then REALLY force the gun into it.  It is one of their 3gun competition holsters.  When I remove the gun from the holster, I am pulling out plastic shavings.

I know that (and have done this) with most kydex holsters, a little bit of heat and you can loosen them up.  However, my holster from Weber is one with two layers of Kydex, and I'm unsure of how that will affect the two layers?  If I heat it up, will it cause them to separate?

One of the things I've noticed, and I think the real reason it is SO tight, is because of the way the barrel is exposed.  But at the front of the slide, it is raised higher, so when a holster is molded directly to the slide, it forces the whole thing lower, pushing it up against where the rail would be.  Thats why I want to see if I can heat it up slightly, and try to just work that out of the holster entirely.

My other problem has been, I've been trying to get in touch with someone at Weber for a little over a week now.  So far, I have left a voicemail and two emails, with zero response.  I originally ordered this holster back in Feb (on the 1st if I remember right), got it a few weeks ago, and have been struggling with it since...

Any suggestions?  At this point, I'm really close to seeing about returning it (if I'm even able to) and going with someone else entirely...which I hate to do cause it is a very sharp looking holster and I like it, but if I can't use it, its really of no use... :(
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Facebook message Adam. If you aren't happy with it he will make it right. I have several pieces of gear from him and they are great. He does most of the work himself on the production line so getting a hold of him is difficult sometimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top