Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2019 5:17:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Guranteed1Moa]
I recently purchased the MI Gen 3 T-Series quad rail that is 12.625" but appears to be slightly shorter (hard to tell from the angle of the picture). What I didn't realize was that for the Gen 3 the lower rail has been slanted, shortening it's overall length. None of their mock photos did a good job showing this. So am I screwed now since there is no way for me to get close to the required 12.5" form mag-well to sling attachment requirement? I planed on using a GG&G sling thing that would have be mounted in the last picatinny slot. Even then it was probably going to be a little short. Now that I have realized the bottom rail is recessed it will definitely be short.  So I guess the major question is how strict are they on the 12.5" rule and should I just return this rail and pursue a different rail at this point? I can't afford a MK7 and also don't want to spend money having this rail modified in any way. I may just have to return the rail and go for UTG pro quad rail that has a full rail on the bottom, but I'm not sure on how well it will structurally hold up under sling tension due to its mounting system. Any input is appreciated!

Link Posted: 9/3/2019 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Put that as close to the end as you can. I’ve never seen them fail anyone trying to comply with the rules.

Anyone capable of winning knows an inch too little or too much of sling mount position isn’t giving someone an unfair advantage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
There are many rules-compliant rails available. Several of my buddies use a Yankee Hill that’s very affordable. There is no reason to fudge the rules. When people see you fudging the rules visibly they’ll start wondering what rules you’re breaking that they can’t see. Just don’t.

The last thing you want to do is win an EIC and have it challenged, or worse, win an EIC and have people talking behind your back about doing it by breaking the rules.

You’ll feel better about yourself if you do it right.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By airsix:
There are many rules-compliant rails available. Several of my buddies use a Yankee Hill that’s very affordable. There is no reason to fudge the rules. When people see you fudging the rules visibly they’ll start wondering what rules you’re breaking that they can’t see. Just don’t.

The last thing you want to do is win an EIC and have it challenged, or worse, win an EIC and have people talking behind your back about doing it by breaking the rules.

View Quote
What he said.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 10:24:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Guranteed1Moa] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By airsix:

View Quote
Which yankee hill rail? Both the diamond series and slr quad rails (12.5" rifle length versions) do not have picatinny channels towards the very end of the bottom rail. The gap before the channels start is roughly an inch which would then put me once again below the 12.5" limit. Did they have their rails drilled at the end to put in a sling swivel or do they have them mounted to the bottom picatinny itself?
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
M14 M1a front swivel. $8 + hardware works good.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top