Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2018 11:26:55 PM EDT
Signed up for USPSA Nationals in FL this October, any other members going?
Anyone with past experience have any advice to offer? this is my first time competing at nationals.

I already have a room booked and plan on driving to bring my own ammo. I have a back-up gun available, and plan on practicing this year not taking it too seriously. I have no/low expectations i'm a C class limited shooter on an average day. I started shooting USPSA about a year ago and liked it enough to go to the RO course and buy some gear. Haven't really put in the practice hours I need to because family and work are first, I enjoy shooting but it's just a hobby.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:51:36 AM EDT
[#1]
1) Bring a long-brimmed hat - you will shoot several stages looking straight into the sun and it will suck. Bring ammo that does not smoke too much.
2) You have a good chance of getting rained on and/or wet feet. Plan accordingly.
3) Watch your footing on any of the stages built out back on the course gravel - very easy to face plant.
4) Clean and oil any steel items daily - even my stainless steel M&P slide with nitride coating rusted.
5) Bring your own ammo - Universal's official match ammo can be hit-or-miss.
6) Make friends and have fun - Universal is a good facility and they put on a decent match.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
if you have shot a section or area match its just about the same.  the difference from  a local match o that they have schedules and set RO's instead of squad ro'S .  Just go and have fun.   the courses might be a little different than what you are used to , but that depends on what  stages your usual  area does.   frost proof i have been told tends to do a lot of short courses.

i hope they bring it back to Vegas
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Practice swingers and turtle targets.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry I waited so long to reapond, but I appreciate the feedback.

I’m planing to have fun above all else, making it a family vacation of sorts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot Nat's in Utah last year.  Chamber check all of your ammo.  Clean and lube your gun each day.  Read the stage descriptions and understand the course.  If you have any question ask the ROs.  What I m getting at, is have your head in the game and minimize any opportunity for Murphy to mess up your match.  Do everything you can to control what you can control and make it work in your favor.  Weather is out of your control.  Shoot your game and do not try to compete with anyone else.  You do you and don't try to shoot above your head.

Have fun, take pics and vid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top