Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2018 8:53:18 PM EDT
Hi, wondering if anyone shoots a P320 X-five for competition? I’m pretty new but it would be used for 3 gun, steel challenge and maybe USPSA/IDPA(once I do more research into these 2). Any got feedback?
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a 320 in Production and a X5 in Carry optics.

X5 is a really good gun for any competitive use.  Have a trigger job done (Bruce Grey at Grey Guns), use something to make the grip "stickier".  Most accurate out of the box center fire gun I have used.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Very accurate pistol. I sent mine to Robert Burke (Sig Armorer) for trigger work. He does nice work and I had it back in 10 days.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot a borrowed one in a USPSA match.  Very nice pistol.  I'm usually a Glock guy, but was impressed with the 320 X5.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the 320 X5 and really like it. I have only ever competed in 2 steel matches and finished 10th and 12th respectively out of 30 or so using the X5. I would recommend it for sure.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
i have one. made in march 2018.  trigger is terrible for comp trigger.  rear sight is jack high because the front sight is too tall.  very accurate.   wish it would take other optics other than the romeo 1. this can be fixed with springer parts .   my canik tfx is a better gun than the x5 overall
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot a P320X VTAC in IDPA, I really like it!
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I use one in USPSA production. I had to "fix" the wings on my 17 round 320 mags so they would work in the X5 as the 21 round mags exceed the size limit.
IMHO, its a great gun, better than I deserve
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw a few at the match last weekend. No one in my squad though. Most of those guys were running 2011’s.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I shoot my 320 X5 in monthly 3-gun matches.  Since I like mini red dots on all my guns (pistols, rifles, & shotguns) I shoot in the “Open” class.  I much prefer this SIG over the FNP45 Tac that I have been using for 6 previous years.

I highly recommend the 320 X5 for competition.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
X5 for production and one for carry optics.
First is a gen one with gray guns trigger, second is gen 2 with no work done on it.  I can’t tell the difference really in trigger between the gen one with the trigger job an$ two without.
Sti dvc 3gun for limited and 3gun
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Really reliable.  Had 20k through mine when I sold it.  No hiccups.  Didn’t even clean it for 8k and still no issues.  Coming from 2011 open guns that was a nice change.

I do think it needs the Grey Guns competition trigger which brought me down to 2lb pull, new recoil springs; I was using 12 lb springs.  Adding some weight to the frame and carbite coating the grips also made it a much more stable gun.

The only negative about it for me was the ejection which went right into the red dot until I changed the angle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an X5 that I shoot SSP in IDPA and
D prod in usosa and whatever the prod class is callwdin gadpa.  I like it better than tbeglocki shot before.  Had to remove the mag well for IDPA. Can't remember if it is legal for usosa.
Everyone is now shooting the X5 Legion.  I would get that model if buying today.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I have an X5 that I shoot SSP in IDPA and
D prod in usosa and whatever the prod class is callwdin gadpa.  I like it better than tbeglocki shot before.  Had to remove the mag well for IDPA. Can't remember if it is legal for usosa.
Everyone is now shooting the X5 Legion.  I would get that model if buying today.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very accurate pistol. I sent mine to Robert Burke (Sig Armorer) for trigger work. He does nice work and I had it back in 10 days.
View Quote
Burke is who works on Max Michel's P320 X5 if that helps anyone decide where to send theirs for work
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I shoot an X5 in Carry Optic Steel Challenge.

If you are going to shoot both Steel Challenge and USPSA (I am planning to do USPSA next year) the big difference to remember is that Steel Challenge has no minimum power factor and USPSA requires a minimum PF of 125 for Carry Optic.  I like my 147 grain coated bullet at about 860 fps to accomplish the 125 PF.

I purchased my gun from a buddy and he had already installed the Grey's straight trigger, it is excellent.  I have also fired this gun before he did any work to it and it has the best trigger of all the striker fired guns I have shot over the years from the factory.

Springer Precision makes a lot of really good upgrades for the X5.  I put on the red (most aggressive) grip tape, adapter plate for the Sig Romeo Max (6 moa dot), recoil spring rod (needed a lighter spring).  I plan to put their magazine base pad on with grams followers before next summer.

I think you will grow to love this gun, I have
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, blew the extractor out of my BRAND New X5 Legion this weekend.
Damn Winchester brass.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Coworker and shooting buddy uses one and it’s stupidly accurate. If I wasn’t so deep in to Glocks the upper end Sig 320 x series would be filling my hd/sd needs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top