Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2014 8:47:19 PM EDT
I need some holster recommendations for a glock 22.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 12:41:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Blade Tech or Comp Tac
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 8:57:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mountaineergunner] [#2]
I have decided that the blade tech black ice is one of my options.  Witch model com-tac is most popular for 3 gun?
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the CompTac international, but I made my own drop bracket, as the original had an obnoxious amount of outward cant.  The muzzle was pointing at my thigh instead of the ground.

The holster itself is great.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep an eye out for the Invictus Practical holster hanger.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By mountaineergunner:

View Quote
Serpa not too much $$$ and with all the moving in 3 gun you don't have to worry about the gun falling out.

Some people will say they are not safe,,,

training,,,  you just need to keep your bugger Hook, off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:51:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AustinWolv] [#7]
Gear that puts your ergonomics in bad position is bad gear. The SERPA is a stupid holster and having to train to avoid its' shortcomings is even dumber. Go with a different holster that doesn't force you into a potentially dangerous condition. Even FLETC agrees.

ToddG more concisely explains it than I did:

Mr. Grebner specifically says that he doesn’t blame the gear, and that is commendable. Nonetheless, the SERPA retention mechanism certainly lends itself to such accidents more than most other holsters. Instead of keeping your trigger finger well clear of the gun during the initial part of the drawstroke, the SERPA and its clones require you to press your trigger finger toward the trigger as you draw.

Get something that makes sense like a Safariland ALS or GLS if positive retention is desired.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AustinWolv:

Gear that puts your ergonomics in bad position is bad gear. The SERPA is a stupid holster and having to train to avoid its' shortcomings is even dumber. Go with a different holster that doesn't force you into a potentially dangerous condition. Even FLETC agrees.

View Quote

ToddG more concisely explains it than I did:

Mr. Grebner specifically says that he doesn’t blame the gear, and that is commendable. Nonetheless, the SERPA retention mechanism certainly lends itself to such accidents more than most other holsters. Instead of keeping your trigger finger well clear of the gun during the initial part of the drawstroke, the SERPA and its clones require you to press your trigger finger toward the trigger as you draw.

Get something that makes sense like a Safariland ALS or GLS if positive retention is desired.

They work for me,, my trigger finger,, comes out,, on the frame about the trigger.

never had a problem.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By AustinWolv:

How is that dual trigger working out?
View Quote
don't have one

Link Posted: 3/20/2014 3:15:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GSonnen] [#11]
Originally Posted By hildy19:
Blade Tech or Comp Tac
View Quote

Both good choices.

One hint:  If you are coming from other pistol shooting disciplines, learn to tighten down your holster tension.  In the past 4 months I've seen 2 pistols flop out of Kydex holsters (one Blade Tech, one Comptac) during a 3G match.  Both shooters were IDPA guys and had the holster tension set very low for quick draw.  This is not a bash of those brands or Kydex.  I run 3 different Comptac rigs myself.

Most 3G matches will have you running hard over alot of ground.  If your rigs gets bounced hard, out comes the pistol and a DQ.  When you are at home, put on your rig with the holster tightened down as much as you can tolerate.  Do some jumping jacks, bend, squat, go prone, and do a few 50 yard dashes.  If the pistol is still in your rig, you are GTG.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By GSonnen:
Both good choices.

One hint:  If you are coming from other pistol shooting disciplines, learn to tighten down your holster tension.  In the past 4 months I've seen 2 pistols flop out of Kydex holsters (one Blade Tech, one Comptac) during a 3G match.  Both shooters were IDPA guys and had the holster tension set very low for quick draw.  This is not a bash of those brands or Kydex.  I run 3 different Comptac rigs myself.

Most 3G matches will have your running hard over alot of ground.  If your rigs gets bounced hard, out comes the pistol and a DQ.  When you are at home, put on your rig with the holster tightened down as much as you can tolerate.  Do some jumping jacks, bend, squat, go prone, and do a few 50 yard dashes.  If the pistol is still in your rig, you are GTG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSonnen:

Originally Posted By hildy19:

Blade Tech or Comp Tac

Both good choices.

Most 3G matches will have your running hard over alot of ground.  If your rigs gets bounced hard, out comes the pistol and a DQ.  When you are at home, put on your rig with the holster tightened down as much as you can tolerate.  Do some jumping jacks, bend, squat, go prone, and do a few 50 yard dashes.  If the pistol is still in your rig, you are GTG.
THIS!

Link Posted: 3/20/2014 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#13]
when I replaced the SERPA for my G34, there were not a lot of options for the longer Glocks... went with the BladeTech DOH WRS with thumb operated spring loaded hood... the aftermarket sights did not clear reliably, so I added a kydex hood with plenty of clearance...

Link Posted: 3/25/2014 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I ended up getting a Bladetech OWB drop holster. I hold my pistol good an I can draw it easy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#15]

I ended up getting a Bladetech OWB drop holster. I hold my pistol good an I can draw it easy.
View Quote
Good to go!! you got a holster with REAL retention.

I RO'ed Stage two of the Texas State Multi-Gun this past weekend. and I Had one DQ on my stage!

I don't know the brand holster he had, but as he ran, his pistol jumped Up right out of the holster,, a sucky way to end your match!

Also wile shooting with the RO's one of our guys hit the ground did a Roll!!!! yup DQ.. pistol came out of the holster.

for 3 Gun! I will stick with Holsters that lock the gun in!

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:31:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Also at Texas Multigun, a competitor in the squad ahead of us managed to outrun his gun on Stage 10.

He was using a CR Speed that may have not been locked.  After grounding his rifle, he took off downrange at full speed.  Only made it a few steps before his handgun popped out.

I took note of it since I was also using that holster, but with better luck.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By Flatland_Shooter:

Also at Texas Multigun, a competitor in the squad ahead of us managed to outrun his gun on Stage 10.

He was using a CR Speed that may have not been locked.  After grounding his rifle, he took off downrange at full speed.  Only made it a few steps before his handgun popped out.

I took note of it since I was also using that holster, but with better luck.
View Quote
Funny how,,, Names and faces,,, DO NOT,,, come together,,,,

I was the RO for stage two, with my Wife and the Boys!

Hope you had a good time, We did!!

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Safariland ALS. It has retention and is easy to draw without having to disengage a hood or use the trigger finger like a serpa.  It's a very instinctive draw
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#19]
That was me that had the gun come out of my holster!!  The holster was a safariland als for an m&p. the ALS would not retain the gun.  I am not sure what happened between stages but the holster would not keep the gun retained.  I thought it was my fault at first but when i went back to the hotel i put my gun in the holster heard it click but,  i could still pull it out with very little pressure.  I took the holster and shook it upside down and the gun would fall out.  Not sure what is wrong with the holster.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AustinWolv] [#20]
Turn the holster upside down and look for a set screw from the bottom. Is it really loose or unscrewed a great deal?   That set screw sets the amount of retention of the lock.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:28:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I actually screwed it all the way down tight and the holster still lets my gun fall out when turned upside down and shaken.  That was one of the first thigs I did was to adjust it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#22]
You need to contact Safariland.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I like a serpa level 2, its similar to what I carry daily.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:47:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Obrez] [#24]
I prefer Level 2  and love the G-Code XST. Quickest, smoothest holster I've used. Unfortunately they do not make one for the SP-01 nor do they offer the hood/release separately. I just bought one for the M9 and I'm going to try to remold it to fit the SP01. If that fails, I'm going to make my own and use the G-Code hood/release I took off the M9 holster.

I got my Blade Tech WRS II recently. I like Blade Tech, I have other Blade Tech products that I love, but that holster was a total letdown for twice what an XST costs. The G-Code is a light and smooth downward press.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Smooth and fast:

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's what I prefer.

Don't have a pic with my new 2011 yet.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:16:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dogtired] [#27]
The Safariland GLS has proven (to me) to be a inexpensive, reliable retention holster with a fast release.  About $40 at the local farm store.  It fits a lot of guns.  I attached mine to an Invictus Holster Hanger and it is a nice set up.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By toothandnail:

Here's what I prefer.

http://i.imgur.com/WMRFTeDl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eBKypl0l.jpg

Don't have a pic with my new 2011 yet.
View Quote
What is it?

Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By morrisammo_1:
Serpa not too much $$$ and with all the moving in 3 gun you don't have to worry about the gun falling out.

training,,,  you just need to keep your bugger Hook, off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By morrisammo_1:

Serpa holsters are banned on a lot of ranges and matches.
I use a Safari land with als retention
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Redhill tactical
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top