Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2018 9:11:09 PM EDT
Looking for 2 Gun (AR/Handgun) 2019 matches within ~2 hr drive of northern Philly?
Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in W. Philly.  Check out Ontelaunee but their matches will be 3 gun so you'll need to pick up a shotgun.  Or drop the pistol and check out University Rifle Club in Reading which held the Geissele Gas gun match this past year.  This is primarily a rifle match.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
theres some shoots in the wilkes barre area. ill have to ask my buddy for details though
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a region based area where I can go to for information for the Philadelphia and surrounding area? I'm moving to Newtown Square end of summer 2019, and I want to take the first step in competition shooting.

P.S. OP, sorry to hi-jack, but I figured if someone posts info here also, that you would use it also!
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Most matches are posted  on practicescore
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a region based area where I can go to for information for the Philadelphia and surrounding area? I'm moving to Newtown Square end of summer 2019, and I want to take the first step in competition shooting.

P.S. OP, sorry to hi-jack, but I figured if someone posts info here also, that you would use it also!
View Quote
@pacisland that's my neighborhood. DM me if you want food/bar info!
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
@Phillgui I’m pretty familiar with the area. My wife grew up in that area and we are always there visiting her family. Now that my son is graduating high school and is going off to college, we decided to move to her hometown. I would rather not, but being married means having compromises. LOL.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@Phillgui I’m pretty familiar with the area. My wife grew up in that area and we are always there visiting her family. Now that my son is graduating high school and is going off to college, we decided to move to her hometown. I would rather not, but being married means having compromises. LOL.
View Quote
@pacisland - believe me, I understand!

I moved from Philly and love it out here. Media is a great little town, and Ridley Creek State Park is fantastic for easy hikes.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Glen Mills here.

I haven’t been to a shoot in a long time, but check the calendars for places like Southern Chester County Sportsman Association; Atlgen shooting club; and Avondale.  If I recall correctly, while private clubs, they do have open events.

I shot some USPSA at SCCSA years ago and heard that they do a number of other open shoots.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#9]
@Phillgui - Yeah, my cousin lives out there, he had his daughters birthday party over in Ridley Park early October.

Know of anyone in the area that does PCC Division?

Just finished putting together a PCC and now I have that option too! LOL
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@Phillgui - Yeah, my cousin lives out there, he had his daughters birthday party over in Ridley Park early October.

Know of anyone in the area that does PCC Division?

Just finished putting together a PCC and now I have that option too! LOL
View Quote
@pacisland I do not. I was a member of Delco Field and Stream, but let it lapse last year. They do a lot of unsanctioned club shoots. Might be worth checking out. Otherwise the club is great for 5 stand and trap, but sucks for rifle and pistol in my opinion. Basically a fudd range. For example- I was allowed to shoot my suppressed SBR 4” AR 9 on the pistol range but only if I took the stock off.

A whole lot of derp there, but they are located in a very populated area and are very conservative. I might join again next year just for steel shoots on Wednesday nights. Other than events you can only shoot bullseye type paper targets at the pistol and rifle range.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#11]
@Phillgui  Good to know! I think that's where my brother in law took me too a few years ago to shoot some clay. Didn't know it was like that, but then again all I did was shoot trap.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:15:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Lower providence uspsa, 1st Saturday, has PCC
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:54:14 AM EDT
[#13]
The Mason Dixon matches lean toward precision style events, but they have gas gun/ 5.56 (with rifle and ammo capable of 700 yards)  friendly courses of fire.    They have matches in New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club (NHRPC) in Gap PA, and two matches at the University Rifle Club (URC) in Reading, PA.

mason-dixon-precision-rifle-series
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top