Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2019 3:39:18 AM EDT
What trigger are folks using for rimfire sporter?  CMP requires a 3+ lb trigger weight.

I'm looking at overhauling one of the 22s in my safe as a dedicated CMP gun.  I've got Volquertson target hammers in most of the 10/22s and they seem to be a bit light (around 2.75).  The Kidd two stage triggers are 2.5 lbs which won't help.  Any suggestions?  A nice national match-style two stage would be ideal...  Do the Ruger factory drop-in kits fall >3 lbs?
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent mine off to Brimston for their tier two workup.  It gets rid of the oem trigger return spring, adds a torsion spring instead, and a tuneup with lessens pull and reset.  I couldn't be happier.

It doesn't compare with a Kidde two stage trigger but as for an improvement, it's gtg. Click.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I put a Ruger BX trigger assembly in my 10/22 and it didn't make the 3lb weight required for CMP
So I replaced the trigger return spring (behind the trigger inside the trigger guard) with a slightly stronger one, and now it makes it!
Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I know thisthread  is several months old, but I like the Kidd trigger kit. It runs about $110.00 and you can buy a spring kit to change from maybe 1.75lb to maybe 3.5lb.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#4]
http://5003.webpossystem.com/ViewProduct.asp?ModelNumber=CMP

Hornet Custom is good, CMP Sporter OK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top