Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2019 10:01:11 PM EDT
anyone have experience with them? Tried checking on google and there wasnt much and most of the threads on ar15 are pretty old and only have a few responses.

what im looking at.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Had nothing but good experiences with them.  Electronic lock died, they sent me a dial.  I have moved this safe twice by myself by disassembling it and even got the door back in place with a hand truck.  Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had nothing but good experiences with them.  Electronic lock died, they sent me a dial.  I have moved this safe twice by myself by disassembling it and even got the door back in place with a hand truck.  Highly recommended.
View Quote
Seem sturdy?

I need to get it in a 120 yo basement. Seems like the best option.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Love mine. It’s been in my basement ten plus years. Moved once but not disassembled- I just removed the door and slid it over the carpet. ETA: the box was tight even with me pushing it around. No wobble.

I added a Rack-Em pistol rack mounted to the door and a drawer that hangs under the shelf. Add some Akro bins for mags, choke tubes, etc and it holds a lot.

Oh, and a 4 bar LED light kit off amazon and goldenrod.

I have the ZA-II 5’ and had to wait six months to get it back when.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have one as I don't have the space, but I did see a used one in person and examined the bolt works.  The box is incredibly strong and the top is like the top of a shoe box, with overhanging edges and creating an additional obstacle to prying apart the sides.  The bolt works are fantastic, with the solid steel bolts spanning the entire door -- no hidden chinsy mounting hardware here.  Top quality with everything.  The only downside is no added fire protection, which is dubious in the first place with most safes.  You could always buy the version without an interior and build your own, with fire retardant sheets installed, build a fire-safe box or closet around it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top