Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2022 4:12:08 PM EDT
Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone sells the short (SBR) x95 fore end?  I've looked at IWI's website, but it looks like they only sell it as part of the full SBR conversion kit.

(The piece I'm looking for is outlined in red below)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I initially bought all the SBR parts separately, barrel, rail, handguard as they came out before the kits were in stock. But I’ve not seen that separately in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the advice!

I’m new to the platform — Has X95 parts availability always sucked this hard, or is this just another COVID thing?   Literally the only spare part available is the Manticore curved buttpad (looks good — I ordered it).  Seems like every single x95 part everywhere is OOS.

Canada seems to have parts but won’t ship to the USA.

Pretty disappointing experience so far.  Even the AUG has much better parts availability, which surprised me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Don’t get discouraged, it’s mostly a covid supply problem. For 20 years Steyr left the US market high and dry after the 1989 AWB ban. The guys at IWI Israel are the same hard headed guys from IMI in the 80’s. They have a very specific mentality and the US civilian market is not at the front of their thoughts. Their main market is Military, then military contract support/spares, Law Enforcement, then civilian US market. Fortunately the head marketing guy at IWI US keeps pushing them for stuff. When I was in Israel 4 years ago I ran in a factory rep for Glock in my hotel. I lived around the corner from the Smyrna factory in Atlanta. He was trying to get them to buy the Gen4 19’s. Supposedly, the factory wanted to stop the Gen3 production. Doing gen4&5’s. He said they threw out such a stupid overly priced offer on the gen3’s figuring the Israelis would say fine we’ll order the Gen4 because it’s cheaper and change over. The Israelis didn’t flinch and said good more gen3’s and he had to call back because they didn’t expect them to say yes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#5]
@kent

I have one. I drilled a hole in the front, left cover as I was using it with a Unity tape switch and original IWI sling.

I can email you a picture if interested.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@kent

I have one. I drilled a hole in the front, left cover as I was using it with a Unity tape switch and original IWI sling.

I can email you a picture if interested.
View Quote

Yes please.  I'd like to have a look.

Thanks!
Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top