Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2019 6:33:23 AM EDT
Does anyone have an X95 handy that can measure the body right about where the safety and mag release is?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang, over a month and nobody could grab a caliper and help a brother out. Lol!

I think this is the dimension you seek. I measure1.455 inch or 36.96 mm on the main surface area above trigger and pistol grip surrounding the safety and mag release.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't own an x95
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I got what the other guy got. However why do you need those measurements? Right in front of the safety it gets wider as it transitions to hand guard. Also it’s wider above both controls at the ambi charging handle slot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got what the other guy got. However why do you need those measurements? Right in front of the safety it gets wider as it transitions to hand guard. Also it’s wider above both controls at the ambi charging handle slot.
View Quote
Yeah I hear you. Not sure if the measurement I gave is what he wants or what purpose it would serve. I just measured the stock width about 1/2 way between the safety and mag release. Maybe he’s building a gun rack. Lol!
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah I hear you. Not sure if the measurement I gave is what he wants or what purpose it would serve. I just measured the stock width about 1/2 way between the safety and mag release. Maybe he’s building a gun rack. Lol!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah I didn’t even see this one till it was bumped lol otherwise I would of tried to help earlier. That whole area the width changes so much without knowing what he’s doing who knows if it will help.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for your help guys.  I am just playing on CAD, designing guns for fun.  Maybe I'll be the next Browning......nahhhh!  No one wants to invest in a new gun company....  Everyone gets excited and then backs out.

But you know what they say, "Want to make a small fortune in the gun industry?  Start with a large fortune."
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 2:59:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m a huge fan of new guns. Design away! Unfortunately I’m not much help in the funding dept. Lol! Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for your help guys.  I am just playing on CAD, designing guns for fun.  Maybe I'll be the next Browning......nahhhh!  No one wants to invest in a new gun company....  Everyone gets excited and then backs out.

But you know what they say, "Want to make a small fortune in the gun industry?  Start with a large fortune."
View Quote
Work for an established arms manufacturer. You'll get to learn from the years of experience of their staff. If you are able to design something innovative and viable it will have a better chance to get produced. Do that and become an established name and then go into business for yourself.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Work for an established arms manufacturer. You'll get to learn from the years of experience of their staff. If you are able to design something innovative and viable it will have a better chance to get produced. Do that and become an established name and then go into business for yourself.
View Quote
I am actually thinking about it.  I am almost an expert on Solidworks, trained in CNC, G-code, all kinds of welding, all types of manufacturing and basic QC being in the industry for a while now (non-firearms).  Since the economy is booming I see a few of the companies big and small are hiring.

Is anyone on this forum working for a company who needs a designer?  I can relocate anywhere.  I hope no one replies from California.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top