Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2022 9:21:50 AM EDT
Have a gen 3 pvs-14 built by TNVC I've got 2 and this is the older of them, but hours are still pretty low. Noticed a lot of white specks/noise last night, I haven't used my nods a lot in the last couple months been busy with some family stuff and lost the range I night shoot at the most. Pretty new to night vision either way so dont quiet know the ins and the outs all the way yet after reading some other thread researching this topic I did realize my gain is turned way up so I will crank down and check again tonight. Just wanted to see if this should be considered normal or if its excessive. Thanks for any input!

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The white noise happens to me during really dark nights.
It's like an old black and white TV static type.
It should help a bit turning down your gain.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as it goes away when you turn your IR illuminator on it's normal and fine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top