Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 9:31:44 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

Ive already got a 870p built out, so Ive decided to do a tac14 as well.  Im looking at input on the mandatory upgrades for the 'ultimate build'.

So far Im tracking:

LPA ghost ring sights with tritium
ported and backbored barrel
Volquartsen A2 extractor
Replace plastic trigger guard with metal
Polish internals and deburr
Dome head safety (vang/suarez/wilson)
mesa tactical adapter with kynshot hydraulic buffer
sba3 brace
cerakote refinish

*added items*
wilson combat +1 extension
tk racker 870 streamlight forend or surefire forend

already have esstac cards and a chest rig insert.

Any other parts/recommendation going forward?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wilson Combat + 1 Mag extension
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Rmr in a scalarworks mount.

Wilson big dot safety
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#3]
SBS it if you really want an ultimate build.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a pic I posted in the 870 tac-14 mods thread 870 Tac-14 mods, thread in 2018.

Attachment Attached File

Remington #81240 had it for a few weeks but just remembered to post. Added mod BCM grip, MCS Slide, Volquartsen Exact Edge, F16966 carrier spring.  Next will probably be S&J LH safety, cut barrel 12" or so
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't kept up with the tac14/870's lately but researched heavily in 2018, doubt a lot has changed between then and now on the 870.  I don't have a current pic and have lost this original pic I used (pulled from thread) for this one.  Have since added a 14" Rem rifle sighted barrel.  The Volquartsen Exact Edge, F16966 carrier spring and the S&J safety were the top mods at the time.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone (Magpul ?) really should market a forearm / grip that looks like that MCS part  but fits on a standard 870 forend tube.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
SBS it if you really want an ultimate build.
View Quote

Working on this now going to use the Choate folding mech with Magpul SL-K stock and modified Magpul AK grip. This is what Suarez was selling for $$$$ (I believe, they denied it was Choate based).

Tac-14 is just back from Wilson combat for traklock sights, choke tube install and Gray armortuff. Great work! Only disappoint is the armortuff color I chose. The gray is just about the same color as the factory park. At least it won’t rust now.

Hope to get the Form1 started this week.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a detachable mag fed Tac14 right before Remington went out of business. It was on close out and I paid about $225 for it. I was wanting to SBS it, but I couldn't find any spare mags for it. I kept waiting for the aftermarket to fill the gap. After waiting for years, I finally traded it off.

I got a Rem 870 Special Field with the shorter mag tube that I want to SBS. I found a spare barrel for it that isn't threaded for a choke, so it'll be chopped and I'll keep the threaded choke barrel as is. The idea is to make a MCS clone, but I plan on using a Choate folder as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the overall length of a Tac-14 from the end of the barrel to just the end of the Mesa Tactical adapter (i.e. not the buffer tube)?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top