Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 8:38:26 PM EDT
I have a case of titewad I bought when I thought I was going to reload 12ga. Turns out I didn't

I saw just one load on Hodgdon's site, anyone use this stuff in with 45acp and 230gr ball? Read on a few forums of guys using it with HC lead but didn't find anything on jacketed stuff.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a case of titewad I bought when I thought I was going to reload 12ga. Turns out I didn't

I saw just one load on Hodgdon's site, anyone use this stuff in with 45acp and 230gr ball? Read on a few forums of guys using it with HC lead but didn't find anything on jacketed stuff.
View Quote

Yes.

Bunny fart load in my 1911s using 230gr RN, 3.3gr Titewad, CCI SPP/ small primer brass, 1.260” OAL.

Cycles just fine, very low recoil.

I also used 4.0gr with 185gr HBRN, same OAL.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Wrong thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes.

Bunny fart load in my 1911s using 230gr RN, 3.3gr Titewad, CCI SPP/ small primer brass, 1.260” OAL.

View Quote

Thanks I’ll give it a go.

Wish I could convert all my 209s to rifle I bought 10k in expectation of reloading shot shells a few years back
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The Hodgdon load data page has a number of Titewad loads listed as well.

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wish I could convert all my 209s to rifle I bought 10k in expectation of reloading shot shells a few years back
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Mostly no one wants to sell primers (at this time) but in the past during the hottest shortages I offered to trade large pistol for small pistol . If you go to the EE and specify face to face it can simplify the whole process (not sure it is legal to ship primers). Worked out well for both me and the guy I hitched up with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top