Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2018 10:09:48 PM EDT
I have a Tikka T3 "Hunter" (wood stock) in 6.5X55 and have a devil of a time getting the magazine to properly latch in place.  I either have to press VERY hard, or "whack" the front of the magazine with my hand to get it to catch.  It feeds fine.

Any ideas?

About the time I posted this inquiry, I had a thought, so..... I made a 0.010 brass shim to put under the front of the trigger guard.  The makes the distance from the action to the magazine latch 0.010 longer.  Brass works because it's soft enough to "distort" around the hole in the stock for the action screw.

Bottom line, works like a charm and still feeds fine.... If anyone else has the same problem, there's an easy solution.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Take the action of the stock, see if the magazine seats any easier  Mine is also 6.5x55  SS lite in a synthetic stock, I've no issues with seating, my only complaint is the mag release lever is so small it's hard to manipulate with gloves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top