Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2017 9:52:18 PM EDT
Getting ready for muzzleloader this weekend and firing pin is a little froze.

I've searched the internet but can't find nothing, just wondering if anyone knows how to remove trigger and firing pin.
I was just going to start taking things apart but might will relent and seek help

BTW... I already know it's a piece of crap gun
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a pos. I’ve killed a lot of deer with my pursuit xlt
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s a POS.
Traditions took two swings and misses at making mine right.
Bad barrel out of the box. Mount holes weren’t drilled parallel to the bore and there was a burr in the rifling about an inch from the crown.
Back and forth twice, wouldn’t replace the gun or barrel.
“Found nothing wrong” but remounted and “boresighted” the scope. Still 18” right at 100 yards with maxed out windage.
Tried adjustable rings. Could get it somewhat centered, but wouldn’t group worth a damn due to the burr. After a lot of wasted time and money trying to find a load that would group, I sold for $50 to a buddy who said it would work well enough for the 30-50 yard shots he takes.
Grabbed an Optima V2 and couldn’t be happier.
It’s a hell of a lot more gun for the same price point as Traditions.
Better barrel, vastly better trigger, better overall design.

ETA- to your original question, a soak of CLP should free up that firing pin.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep...as far as I'm concerned it's a POS, not that I haven't killed something with it.

I just ended up soaking it and freeing the pin up, it was too close to the weekend and I didn't have good information for tearing it all apart. It now will become a winter project but plan on upgrading before next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top