Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2023 11:11:15 PM EDT
So I own a Rex Silentium MG7 30 cal and I love it to death! Need some advice though from some people that own a Surefire Socom762 Mini2, wanting to know what you think about it, would you buy again? Is it good for mainly Ar's and my scar 16? How does it do on a 16" VS 11.5"?
My buddy that owns a gun shop has one in stock that he hasn't been able to sell for a year so he's offering it to me for $750.

Debating on getting this 762 Mini2 or getting a RC2 but the RC2 is full price where the 762 Mini2 ISN'T, is it worth trying to save money for the 762mini or should I suck it up and get the RC2
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a reason why it's not selling, they aren't worth it because they are louder,  don't throw away $750, buy a YHM R2 resonator  and a T3 or T2 Turbo.

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#2]
the only reason to buy surefire is for clone purposes. heavy, expensive, and sometimes loud AF.

buy another rex for half cost of surefire.

Buy griffin taper mounts for your rifles and you can use any HUB (1.375x24) rear threaded cans like Rex but also use griffin taper mount cans. Explorr 30 is a great one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 762mini2 that I've owned for over 2 years now. It is my only rifle can. Mine has seen use on 5.56 AR, .300blk AR, and .308 bolt action guns.

I have no experience with the RC2, but I have spent time behind an original RC. Anecdotally, the 762mini2 sounds significantly quieter behind the gun than it's 5.56-bored sibling (the RC w/ 16" barrel vs the 762mini2 w/ 14.5" barrel, both mid-length fixed gas). ETA: the at-ear 5.56 AR signature gap between these two silencers 1. can obviously be a characteristic shared by other .223/.30 caliber silencers of identical form factor/design and 2. likely becomes much less significant as barrel length shortens. OP, if you're shopping for a silencer to be primarily used on 5.56 guns and you're decided on Surefire it then becomes a simple decision of ear/muzzle performance prioritization and use case. My acceptable performance threshold for 5.56 is pretty low so I chose to prioritize flexibility of use on a higher number of calibers/hosts.

I have no experience shooting .300blk through any can other than the 762mini2. In spite of that, I believe it achieves good supersonic and adequate subsonic performance.

I see no need to speak to the 762mini2's performance on .308 after Pew science's timely data release today. For its high rate of gas flow and handy form factor, I do think this suppressor would shine on a .308 autoloading gun.

10/10 would buy again. I will be getting another rifle can with HUB threading. Whether it will have a .223 or .30 bore I've yet to decide, but likely will be another .30 cal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I see no need to speak to the 762mini2's performance on .308 after Pew science's timely data release today. For its high rate of gas flow and handy form factor, I do think this suppressor would shine on a .308 autoloading gun.

View Quote

Thanks for referencing my data and analysis!

The SOCOM762-MINI2 is an interesting silencer.  In addition to the 7.62x51mm data and analysis I released today, I have also tested it on the 5.56x45mm MK18 - that analysis publication is forthcoming.

I have also run the silencer on my 13-in 7.62mm SCAR (one of my favorite rifles).  The flow rate can be very helpful on a gas sensitive host :)  The trouble, however, can be the severe muzzle signature when the combustion overwhelms the stack.  This, of course, also influences the signature to the system operator.  As I spoke about on another discussion forum this morning, today's analysis is useful internally to PEW Science because it explores the limitations of a technology in a certain length envelope, in a certain combustion regime!

Thanks again for your interest.

Jay
PEW Science
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for referencing my data and analysis!

The SOCOM762-MINI2 is an interesting silencer.  In addition to the 7.62x51mm data and analysis I released today, I have also tested it on the 5.56x45mm MK18 - that analysis publication is forthcoming.

I have also run the silencer on my 13-in 7.62mm SCAR (one of my favorite rifles).  The flow rate can be very helpful on a gas sensitive host :)  The trouble, however, can be the severe muzzle signature when the combustion overwhelms the stack.  This, of course, also influences the signature to the system operator.  As I spoke about on another discussion forum this morning, today's analysis is useful internally to PEW Science because it explores the limitations of a technology in a certain length envelope, in a certain combustion regime!

Thanks again for your interest.

Jay
PEW Science
View Quote

The 1.5” x 6” Omega-300 stack with flat front cap and space efficient mount/muzzle device would be a worthy inclusion for ‘certain’ comparisons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top