Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2018 1:30:04 PM EDT
Looking for suggestions on security for land that I have for recreation purposes

there will be no Wi-Fi on property
looking to receive pics on my cell phone, US Cellular

I have standard trail cameras, but don't have time to check cards everyday

THANKS in advance
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
don't leave anything valuable there.  That's the only way to secure your stuff.

A camera will just give you a pic of some dude walking off with your stuff.  Nobody will recognize him and the police won't do a thing about it either.

edit to add:  LOTS of properties like that in AK.  Same story every time:  Leave stuff at recreational property, stuff is stolen.  Cameras don't prevent a thing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm afraid FPNI as usual...
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been looking at this same thing.

I might try a wifi security camera system and get a Verizon mi-fi to run it on.   I have an unlimited verizon plan so the extra device is only 20 bucks per month.

Once I have a building / barn built I will decide on the system.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]
In order of importance:

1. Get to know neighbors. Have them keep an eye out.
2. Fence with locked gate
3. Game cameras covering points of entry and well hidden. Cellular cameras exist.
4. Any movable property out of site and secured.

May also want to speak with sheriff and Game warden and let them know to keep an eye out.  If you have signs of trespassing you definitely want to.

It also goes without saying you should be insured.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's up here in the Northeast part of the state, the Meth heads will find it. Don't leave anything valuable there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Cell service game camera mounted to a pole with solar panel recharge system. They are about $700
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#7]
We've had great luck w a Bushnell Wireless Trophy Cam. Lowest data plan is $9.99/mo.

We have it in a choke point and have caught numerous trespassers. Our game Warden is very helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top