Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2020 1:37:26 PM EDT
which one shoots smoother?

i bought a scorpion with a brace and its a decent enough weapon but holy hell that little plastic wonder is snappy. the 2 pound bold in that plastic body doesnt seem that great.

i have a mini UZI SMG long along that i have a closed bolt set up for and it was more well behaved, guessing because of the extra weight.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
MPX - after holding both and shooting both, MPX all the way very well made and the after market is better better.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The Scorpion has outstanding aftermarket support.  I agree that the MPX is a smoother shooting platform with inherently better recoil management (short-stroke push-rod gas system - vs - direct blowback).
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#3]
perfect, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
MPX.  Without a doubt. Try to find one with an 8” barrel.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
MPX is a Cadillac compared to the scorpion. Scorpion feels like the charging handle is attached to a reciprocating brick.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
No comparison the MPX.  My MPX K's shoot even smoother than my MP5's.  Got a threaded MPX Copperhead at my FFL that I won't be able to take possession of for about a week while my local PD conducts a background check.  It's torture waiting that long 'til I can shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#7]
MPX hands down.  I've got the 8 inch gen 1.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#8]
If you plan to run a silencer/suppressor CZ Scorpion all day over the MPX. If not, then users choice as to what you like better or want more.

After shooting an MPX suppressed I went out and bought a Scorpion...
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you plan to run a silencer/suppressor CZ Scorpion all day over the MPX. If not, then users choice as to what you like better or want more.

View Quote
Too gassy?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Scorpion feels like the charging handle is attached to a reciprocating brick.
View Quote
That's pretty much how I'd describe straight blowback in a nutshell

As others have said, MPX is way softer shooting compared to the scorpion. Own a scorpion and an MP5 clone. The MP5 is smooth but the MPX is soft if that makes sense.

I'll have to bring the scorpion and mp5 along to the range and rent an mpx one of these days. Try them all back to back. Also own a CMMG RDB build and that's very soft as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 MPX
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Too gassy?
View Quote
That was my experience, yes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
My experience was that it wasn't noticable.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]
ill vote neither. scorpion feels cheap and recoils hard. mpx is gassy and sig is terrible to deal with. ghm9 or rdb banshee would both be better choices.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#16]
not sure i’m ready to sell my scorpion for a sig, mainly because i just got it and the lighter trigger makes it 100% better. it is a big hunk of plastic but atleast its light!

i was looking around locally and online and they are vaporware.

so the sig mpx is not so good for suppressed because its a piston?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
not sure i’m ready to sell my scorpion for a sig, mainly because i just got it and the lighter trigger makes it 100% better. it is a big hunk of plastic but atleast its light!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No.  It's because there is lots of gas blowback that gets through the gaps between the receivers and charging handle. I sealed up my charging handle with some room temp cure moldable seal and it's much better now.

Quoted:
ill vote neither. scorpion feels cheap and recoils hard. mpx is gassy and sig is terrible to deal with. ghm9 or rdb banshee would both be better choices.
A buddy has a SBR GMH9 and compared it side by side suppressed with my MPX-K suppressed. Although the MPX was gassy... It's noticeably softer shooting and IMHO more pleasurable to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Grand stribog when gen 3 drops in the us.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Grand stribog when gen 3 drops in the us.
View Quote
I would even say the SP9A1 over the Scorpion easy. SP9A3 if it lives up to what it should be, will slay all other 9mm PCC under $1500 imo.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No.  It's because there is lots of gas blowback that gets through the gaps between the receivers and charging handle. I sealed up my charging handle with some room temp cure moldable seal and it's much better now.

A buddy has a SBR GMH9 and compared it side by side suppressed with my MPX-K suppressed. Although the MPX was gassy... It's noticeably softer shooting and IMHO more pleasurable to shoot.
View Quote
ill agree on the softer shooting, but ive had terrible luck with modern sig products and sig customer service just loves to blame every issue on the customer and refuses to own up to the issues.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ill agree on the softer shooting, but ive had terrible luck with modern sig products and sig customer service just loves to blame every issue on the customer and refuses to own up to the issues.
View Quote
hope i never have issues with the sig mcx i just bought. i love that rifle.

its hard to beat the aftermarket support for the cz and magpul mags too!

need to find me a better safety lever for my cz too. i think the BH looks good, a little unorthodox, but good. any feed back on those? or others?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

need to find me a better safety lever for my cz too. i think the BH looks good, a little unorthodox, but good. any feed back on those? or others?
View Quote
i had the hb mini ak style safety levers on my old scorpion and loved them.

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-mini-ak-style-safety-selectors/
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I own a Scorpion and I've shot both suppressed. The MPX is smooth and a great shooting experience. The Scorpion is a little bit rougher but both worked well in my shooting experience. The MPX manual of arms is AR like so it's not much to switch from an AR to MPX and back. The Scorpion has the paddle release and different charging handle setup. If you can swing an MPX, I would say go with that. If you are on a budget, want to buy a buttload of magazines and mods and still have hundred left over for ammo, get the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think that is largely related to what suppressor is being used
I have no issues with mine suppressed.
View Quote
i’ve experienced that with 223 cans.

one small thread mount HTG eureka can is very gassy while the aac scar-sd is not on the same rifle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have had the opposite experience with sig cs.   Quick to respond, asked the right questions to ensure they knew exactly what the problem was, quickly sent replacement component, and provided detailed tips on install.  Easy. Even sent a spare but hasn't been needed.

I've recently added a 365xl to my collection based on my positive cs experience and some range time with my buddies standard 365.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I have the Gen 2 MPX 8", SBR Scorpion, AR9, and Zenith RS clone. Shot all 4 yesterday. I absolutely love them all. If i could only have one, it'd be the Scorpion. I run it with an Omega 9K with 3 lug and RMR and it's just a hoot. The MPX is fantastic, and I will be getting a trilug for it soon. I've heard many others say it's super gassy suppressed. We'll see.

Also, straight blowback AR9 is amazing if you know how to tune it. I have the LWRC UC stock and tube with a JP SCS for the Maxim stock and goddamn is it smooth and flat. Deadly accurate with my 8" upper too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I'n here to talk about your 9mm PCC lord and savior, the KUSA KR-9

1 to 1.5" groups at 50 yards with good self defense ammo

All Perst 4 laser kills
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
which one shoots smoother?

i bought a scorpion with a brace and its a decent enough weapon but holy hell that little plastic wonder is snappy. the 2 pound bold in that plastic body doesnt seem that great.

i have a mini UZI SMG long along that i have a closed bolt set up for and it was more well behaved, guessing because of the extra weight.
View Quote
This comes down to the nature of their operation. MPX is a short stroke piston, giving it softer, smoother recoil (think what the rollers do for the MP5, but "softer"). Scorp is an awesome little gun but it's still straight blowback. Which is like shaking a brick around in a shoebox in comparison.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sorry what does, 'long along' mean?

Also you say SMG...so full auto?

I have a Mini UZI SMG also.  Full auto.  Open and closed configurations.  I hate the UZI's in closed bolt as they are basically straight blowback when they are in closed bolt.
In open bolt, they are much smoother as they are now using the API (Advanced Primer Ignition) principal where the mass of the heavy bolt absorbs some of the initial recoil impulse....like a Sten, Sterling, Swedish K and many other open bolt SMG's.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Too gassy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too gassy?
Gassy and LOUD.  Too much gas escaping the piston makes it a crappy suppressor host.
Although I have heard that if you go with an integral suppressor they are quiet but I'm not putting more money into my MPX.

You may also see some people post that using a .45 can is quieter on the MPX.  This makes sense as since there is less backpressure on the larger aperature .45 can then less gas escapes the piston.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's pretty much how I'd describe straight blowback in a nutshell

As others have said, MPX is way softer shooting compared to the scorpion. Own a scorpion and an MP5 clone. The MP5 is smooth but the MPX is soft if that makes sense.

I'll have to bring the scorpion and mp5 along to the range and rent an mpx one of these days. Try them all back to back. Also own a CMMG RDB build and that's very soft as well.
View Quote
Agreed and then if you do an MP5SD, you get soft and smooth....

I was going to do an integral build around the CMMG RDB but I'm going to hold off and see how the MEAN Arms roller delayed setup evolves.  If that is successful, then I'll probably want to do an integral for that....or maybe do two...an integral build for both platforms and see which one works out better.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#34]
CZ Scorpion is half the price.  Scorpion doesn't use an AR style charging handle so it doesn't fill your face full of gas when shooting suppressed.

MPX will probably be discontinued after a handful of years and Sig will no longer support them like all of the other products that they've killed off in the past.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:33:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
MPX is a Cadillac compared to the scorpion. Scorpion feels like the charging handle is attached to a reciprocating brick.
View Quote
A brick that's lighter than the MPX.

Wait until you guys shoot a 9mm HG.  It'll make you crap your pants, swear off shooting altogether, & salzaw off both hands just to show the world you're not joking.

Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No comparison the MPX.  My MPX K's shoot even smoother than my MP5's.  Got a threaded MPX Copperhead at my FFL that I won't be able to take possession of for about a week while my local PD conducts a background check.  It's torture waiting that long 'til I can shoot it.
View Quote
Where can you get a threaded copper head at? @arndog123
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#37]
ETS says no steel n their polymer Glock mags. May be a similar issue in Scorpion polymer mags. Steel supposedly abrades the slickness of feeding and scratches the mags.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Where can you get a threaded copper head at? @arndog123
View Quote
There’s two versions.  I went with the 3.5” barrel.  
HERE
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You only have 50 to choose from. I’m a recent scorpion purchaser too, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the huge aftermarket support.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

HERE
View Quote
Thanks! I am not sure if I can get my osprey 9 on that 3.5" copperhead. That's really what I'm looking for. I would love a copperhead with a 4" barrel as I think that would work.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#41]
My 2 Scorpions have run flawlessly from day 1. My MPX, on the other hand, will not run through an entire mag. It was not a first gen either. Sold that bish.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks! I am not sure if I can get my osprey 9 on that 3.5" copperhead. That's really what I'm looking for. I would love a copperhead with a 4" barrel as I think that would work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HERE
How can you tell the difference between a Gen 1 and Gen 2 sig pistol?
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Ive shot them all and Stribog is the best bang for the buck.  Mp5 and B&T are better, but more buck.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HERE
@arndog123 is that a gen 1 or gen 2 version? Also what is the thread pitch?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:44:13 AM EDT
[#45]
I believe it’s a gen 2+.  The gen 1’s had handguards where you could bolt on rail sections.  Gen 1 also had black followers in the mags.  Gen 2’s started off with keymod handguards and eventually Mlok.  Mags had brown followers.

Thread pitch on all gens have been M13.5x1 LH.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top