Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2018 11:33:28 PM EDT
Want to hear about them.  Who has one?  I saw they are modular.  There is a saiga adapter.  Not much first person owner feedback.  I probably wouldnt be as deaf if I had one growing up duck, and deer hunting.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Want to hear about them.  Who has one?  I saw they are modular.  There is a saiga adapter.  Not much first person owner feedback.  I probably wouldnt be as deaf if I had one growing up duck, and deer hunting.
View Quote
I heard one in person a few years ago on I think a Keltec KSG and I was pretty surprised at how good it sounded. Maybe one of these days I'll snag one when I've run out of other niche can interests.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 2:47:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Just got mine, only had it out once in the full 12" configuration.

On an 1187 with 18" barrel I'd easily go shoot a round or two of clays.  On a 28" barrel it's a bit long.........  Now on a Tac-14, it's just silly fun.

It is modular, you can get 10, 8 or 6" rod kits.  I have an 8", which makes it look great, but I've yet to try it.  Not sure the decrease in sound performance is worth the 4", we'll see.  Also be interesting to see how it does wet.

Overall, sure it's a novelty, but it's a damn fun one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
My least used and most expensive can. I bought mine at the product launch. Definitely a niche product.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I think if you have an SBS or possibly a KSG it's worth it. I run mine on a 12.5" 870 with subsonic #7 shot and it sounds surprisingly good. I have an 8" rod kit, but I haven't tried it out yet. On a full length barrel it would be way too front heavy IMO.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
It's my least used can as well. I was stupid enough to think I might actually hunt with it but it's ridiculous in 12" config on a 26" barrel. I patterned it for turkey and it was pathetic. In 8" config it sounds ok and is obviously more manageable but still heavy on the end of a duck gun. I paid $700 I believe, and I wouldn't mind having that money back. I'll pronbably end up getting an SBS for it at some point, but it'll stay in the safe until then. I will say It is pretty cool with subsonic loads.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think if you have an SBS or possibly a KSG it's worth it. I run mine on a 12.5" 870 with subsonic #7 shot and it sounds surprisingly good. I have an 8" rod kit, but I haven't tried it out yet. On a full length barrel it would be way too front heavy IMO.
View Quote
I also have one and also have shot it on exactly one range outing due to a medical issue.  On my 12.5” 870 with #7 shot it is surprisingly quiet.  I’ve only shot it in 12” config but have an 8” rod kit.

Niche can but I got it on sale.  It’s not a “starter” can for sure but I do like it.....
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll let you know in a couple of months when mine gets out of jail. I ended up getting it for $499 and the dealer threw in an 8" rod kit and a choke tube adapter (albeit for a shotgun type that I don't own). I'm not a shotgun guy, but at that price I figured it was worth it to put a niche can in my collection.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I like mine. I’m not much of a shotgun guy but it’s a fun novelty. The complaints about it being cumbersome on the end of a 26” barrel, what did you expect? Buy the shorter rod kits and shorten it up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 1:20:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Just FYI - subsonic shotgun ammo in 12 ga is exceedingly difficult to find.  Every once in awhile I find extra light trap loads or heavy turkey loads that are subsonic.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#11]
My son and I really like ours for duck hunting.  We use them in the 8 inch configuration with 18-22 inch barrel shotguns. I consider them a great purchase.  They are much easier on the ears and with shorter barrels we don't find them awkward. They become 26-30 inch barrelled shotguns. Some of our hunting buddies are now looking at them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just FYI - subsonic shotgun ammo in 12 ga is exceedingly difficult to find.  Every once in awhile I find extra light trap loads or heavy turkey loads that are subsonic.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

You can find these at any sporting goods store up here.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:00:11 AM EDT
[#13]
really seems to be dying for a 2nd gen either from SiCo or a competitor.

heard it on a Benelli M4 SBS and wasn't too impressed, unsure if it was setup in max length but it was at least one of the longer configurations.

an integral might be the way to, anything to get the length and or weight down.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:43:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I have one installed on a Benelli M4. It works, it’s fun to shoot, it definitely adds weight to the front of the gun. I do use it for vermin control so I’m not disturbing the neighbors.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have one on a Benelli M2 SBS with an RMR on top:

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173461/Benelli_M2_SBS-435872.jpg

Overall, it's probably the coolest "fun gun" that I own. As others have mentioned, it's not super practical, but it's a fun range toy.

The Salvo is heavy in the longest configuration, but suppresses pretty well for a shotgun. In the shorter configurations (I usually run the 6" on the Benelli), it's loud but it swings like a normal shotgun.

It also makes the inertia guns more ammo picky. Even with the 6" Salvo and a reduced power recoil spring, my M2 needs heavy field loads to cycle. Gas or pump guns, it's not as big of an issue.
View Quote
My 1187 with 18" barrel has a history of not cycling lighter loads.  Was hoping the Salvo would help, but it was a single shot with Winchester subsonic.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 1:54:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I played with one at a demo shoot a couple of years ago and I thought the suppression was pretty impressive. Don't remember what length it was set at. A shotgun suppressor is pretty low on my priority list but for the right price I'd be a buyer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 7:08:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Could the salvo be pinned onto say a 14" barrel or so to make it 18" total?
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nah.  You’d have to weld the whole thing closed and then you wouldn’t be able to clean it.  Not the best idea.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#22]
It's pretty neat, and does work.  I bought mine when I was going through a big suppressor phase, and rarely use it though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nah.  You’d have to weld the whole thing closed and then you wouldn’t be able to clean it.  Not the best idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
appreciate the reply!

No sbs here so I thought maybe there would be a way to have this work of the can was still serviceable. Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  appreciate the reply!

No sbs here so I thought maybe there would be a way to have this work of the can was still serviceable. Oh well.
View Quote
Form 1 you a can, build it around a shotgun bbl, drill the crap out of the shotgun bbl.  Can still removable, shotgun bbl still 18".  Would light your hand on fire w/o the can on it, but it's still 18".  And can still use standard choke tubes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'll let you know in a couple of months when mine gets out of jail. I ended up getting it for $499 and the dealer threw in an 8" rod kit and a choke tube adapter (albeit for a shotgun type that I don't own). I'm not a shotgun guy, but at that price I figured it was worth it to put a niche can in my collection.
View Quote
DAMN! for 499 I'd definitely buy one... I cant find one anywhere near that price
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So you're saying the answer is "yes"...it could be done.

He didn't ask if it was a good idea...

(Similar to a guy asking me yesterday if he could perm attach a DT Omega...yep, sure can...just makes no sense to do so)
View Quote
I stand corrected.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I've always wondered if a 20 gauge Salvo would be better.  Lighter, smaller, maybe quieter due to smaller bore size.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#28]
I want one. Don't really know why, but I do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I want one. Don't really know why, but I do.
View Quote
Eventually, yes
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:32:49 AM EDT
[#30]
It works great and is well designed, it just sucks to use. It's long and heavy and not fun to hunt with.

It's neat and always gets the best reaction when someone sees it, but beyond that, I enjoy lighter shotguns.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Co worker has one on a ksg. It def. cool. He said he is planning on using the cab for duck hunting which he does a lot of. Then maybe make it smaller and try it pheasant hunting too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#32]
I love mine, and I hunt with it all the time.  But, its on my SBS 870, so the overall is very manageable.  I've played with the different chokes, and I'm really pleased with the pattern now.  I have chokes to put it on my 870 that was threaded for Win chokes, and also one for my SBE II (no 3.5s obviously).  I almost always shoot the Winchester AA low noise stuff.  It works just fine on jackrabbits and is shockingly quiet.  What is really great though, are the Aguila mini slugs.  So quiet its amazing, they pack a serious punch, and group extremely well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I love mine, and I hunt with it all the time.  But, its on my SBS 870, so the overall is very manageable.  I've played with the different chokes, and I'm really pleased with the pattern now.  I have chokes to put it on my 870 that was threaded for Win chokes, and also one for my SBE II (no 3.5s obviously).  I almost always shoot the Winchester AA low noise stuff.  It works just fine on jackrabbits and is shockingly quiet.  What is really great though, are the Aguila mini slugs.  So quiet its amazing, they pack a serious punch, and group extremely well.
View Quote
I need to try those mini slugs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I need to try those mini slugs.
View Quote
380 grains at 1300fps is pretty substantial.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:54:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Was going to post a new thread, but saw this Salvo one, so I'll ask here...
Thinking about hosts for the Salvo. I have a VersaMax tactical with a 22" barrel, so I think it should work well with a Salvo in 8" or 10" length, is that a good assumption? One of the things I want to do with the Salvo is shoot trap with it, can I do that decently with the VersaMax + Salvo?

I also want a pump and possibly shoot trap with it as well.  I currently have a 590A1 w/ a 20" fixed cylinder choked barrel.  Should I try to get it threaded for chokes, or just get another pump shotgun?  The 590A1 has ghost ring sights as well, not sure how that would work for trap.
After looking a bit, Mossberg has a 500 w/ 20" vent rib barrel threaded for their chokes (comes with a X-Full for turkey):
http://www.mossberg.com/product/500-turkey-52280/
Will this this 500 do the job?  Was thinking of a Benelli SuperNova too, and then getting a Carlson 18.5 barrel for it, but no vent rib and quite a bit more money than the Mossberg.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 3:07:17 AM EDT
[#36]
You could just buy a bbl threaded for chokes for your 590.  If you had to, you could remove your mag tube and install a shorter 500 mag tube, and then use 500 bbls on the 590.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top