Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2021 3:40:29 PM EDT
i picked up a used one a few years back and noticed that if i dont cycle the bolt pretty fast, it will won't full kick out the empty.

is this a design feature of the american or a issue with the ejector/extractor? it will always pull the case out of the chamber though. just doesnt like to clear the action.

thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
So silly question,

Are you slowly working the bolt or running it full speed?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So silly question,

Are you slowly working the bolt or running it full speed?
View Quote

well i am no master of bolt actions but i had an FN SPR A1 long ago that i could slow cycle without ejection trouble but with this ruger, i need to fast cycle to get it to fully kick out.

i kinda figured it was just me and the rifle liked a fast cycling. guess thats what you mean by full speed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it possible that your used rifle has a worn/collapsed ejector spring, or possibly the associated ejector components are worn/gunked-up?

Same question applies to separate extractor assy.

Owner's manual for your rifle, with exploded diagrams:http://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/_manuals/americanRifle.pdf

Your call, but I suggest having as many spare parts as possible for each and every firearm you own.  In the event Biden Admin causes spare parts to dry up, you will be glad to have bought such parts in advance.  YMMV.

@mr_h
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top