BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure GA released the mount before sig even hit the market with there cans.

If not, oh well.

The benefit of the treads before the taper is it keeps the taper surface cleaner. The threads hardly even get dirty themselves.

It works, nothing to break, and it's simple to clean.

I'm going on 2yrs of using the hell out of my recce 5 and have had absolutely no issues with the mount.

None.

I really wish GA would make a saker adapter so I could use taper mounts for all my rifles
View Quote
You may very well be right about that. I just remember hearing KB and some others basically asking "wtf were they thinking?" The taper is supposed to help keep the threads clean, not the other way around.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

and I'm still not sure why people consider these things as lifetime purchases since there are so many more consumables that we deal with that haver higher cost and don't last as long.....
View Quote
You ever sold a gun you didn’t like? Or traded one in on another one?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's funny how "everyone" now hates on the ASR mounts.
View Quote
Hating on the ASR mount is not a new thing.  Many folks quickly found out it was garbage.  I hate to speak for anyone but it was always my understanding that Mike Pappas himself hated the mount and that was one of many reasons for him leaving and starting Dead Air.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  So yeah, hating on ASR mounts isn't a new thing for some of us.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Because overkill is a thing and people buy into material marketing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Sure 17-4 is great, as is Inconel, but if cans are lifetime investments, why not use Stellite for rifle's...  I bought a couple Sico cans when I mostly had AAC cans, and I was hearing AAC customer service was having issues, and got sold.
Because overkill is a thing and people buy into material marketing.
Maybe for some but not me.  Experience and seeking education from people in the know over the years is how I buy cans.  I will not purchase any can, .22 or otherwise that has baffles constructed of aluminum.  Period.  If it's for centerfire pistol, my minimum requirement is 17-4.  If for centerfire rifle, minimum requirement is Inconel but I prefer stellite.  I run them hard.  For me, seeing baffle erosion is as painful as seeing rust on my car.  I just don't stand for it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hating on the ASR mount is not a new thing.  Many folks quickly found out it was garbage.  I hate to speak for anyone but it was always my understanding that Mike Pappas himself hated the mount and that was one of many reasons for him leaving and starting Dead Air.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  So yeah, hating on ASR mounts isn't a new thing for some of us.
View Quote
I believe that was the trifecta, not asr
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I believe that was the trifecta, not asr
View Quote
You may very well be correct.  I had totally forgotten about that one!  It wasn't a real winner either.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You may very well be correct.  I had totally forgotten about that one!  It wasn't a real winner either.
View Quote
The trifecta was great.

Until it wasn’t.

I don’t personally see any issue with the asr. Locks up tight.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Arfcom's approximate timeline of suppressor mount quality:

2010 - "AAC 51T is the best QD mount available."

2011 - "51T is garbage. ASR is where it's at."

2012 - "ASR is old hat. Trifecta is the future of QD mounts"  (This was the consensus even before cans were in dealer's hands)

2013 - "Trifecta sucks. Everyone back to ASR."

2014-2016 - "Everything sucks"

2017- "Dead Air keymo is the best"

Q1 2018 - "Dead Air is too heavy why would anyone use that? Cherry Bomb is the best thing ever" - (again before there's many in anyone's hands. I saw people claiming this was the best mounting system available the day it was announced)

Q4 2018 - "ASR maybe sucks again? Maybe it's fine?"
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

2012 - "ASR is old hat. Trifecta is the future of QD mounts"  (This was the consensus even before cans were in dealer's hands)

Q1 2018 - "Dead Air is too heavy why would anyone use that? Cherry Bomb is the best thing ever" - (again before there's many in anyone's hands. I saw people claiming this was the best mounting system available the day it was announced)

View Quote
Trifecta sucks is more ‘15-16

But everything else is spot on.

It’s almost like we’re retarded
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Funny because it's true!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I see you mention Sig cans in passing and then proceed to shit everyone's mounts but Sig. What issues have you had with Sig mounts?
View Quote
Sig mounts run with the best the market has to offer imo. Virtually impossible to f up.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Maybe they haven't figured out how to copy them yet?
View Quote
Daaaaaammmmmn.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The trifecta was great.

Until it wasn’t.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trifecta was great.

Until it wasn’t.

I loved all my trifecta stuff, and still like the concept of it, but it's just not built to last forever. I have switched my Omega and both Sakers over the use the Q Cherry bomb mount now and I am a big fan of that setup. Still pretty quick on and off but dead simple, nothing to fail.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't feel threatened- this thread is about Silencer Co, nobody even mentioned them.  They built a can that could have been a Silencer Co Can, or a Rugged can, or a Dead air can, so now customers have a 4th place to get a similar can.  It's about 100% generic in that regard, except for an claim about the use of an alternate material to what works in the other 3 products, and the inclusion of a wipe in a centerfire rifle can that will operate at temperatures high enough to start the wipe on fire, melt it to shit, and make a mess for the customer to clean up.

We have a real Armament company here.  We have a whole line of silencers, we have a line of muzzle devices, silencer accessory products, complete firearms and their accessory products.   We exist to support gun customers.  We're not ashamed of that, and we don't want to be a job shop.  We respect job shops, but we don't want our focus to be divided in ways that allow our customers to be dis-serviced.
View Quote
Happy GA customer here!

Hurry up and make something that I didn’t know I needed
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't feel threatened- this thread is about Silencer Co, nobody even mentioned them.  They built a can that could have been a Silencer Co Can, or a Rugged can, or a Dead air can, so now customers have a 4th place to get a similar can.  It's about 100% generic in that regard, except for an claim about the use of an alternate material to what works in the other 3 products, and the inclusion of a wipe in a centerfire rifle can that will operate at temperatures high enough to start the wipe on fire, melt it to shit, and make a mess for the customer to clean up.

We have a real Armament company here.  We have a whole line of silencers, we have a line of muzzle devices, silencer accessory products, complete firearms and their accessory products.   We exist to support gun customers.  We're not ashamed of that, and we don't want to be a job shop.  We respect job shops, but we don't want our focus to be divided in ways that allow our customers to be dis-serviced.
View Quote
Are you ashamed of the racist comments you engraved on customers silencers?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Was everything direct thread before 2010?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

2010*-2017 - YHM mounts are ugly, but work great
2018 - YHM mounts aren't so ugly, and still work great

*YHM existed before 2010, but I just wanted to fit it into your timeline
View Quote
Still ugly
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

2010*-2017 - YHM mounts are ugly, but work great
2018 - YHM mounts aren't so ugly, and still work great

*YHM existed before 2010, but I just wanted to fit it into your timeline
View Quote
Dont forget, pre 2010, Surefire had the best mounts ever, so good it justified buying their overpriced, loud cans.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Dont forget, pre 2010, Surefire had the best mounts ever, so good it justified buying their overpriced, loud cans.
View Quote
Not gonna lie, I almost fell for that.  LOL
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
For the time period, 51t may have been better than anything else. Then trifecta. Then asr. Etc.
I’m glad we have product evolution and companies building upon new found baselines
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks.

We already have.  Several things.  The marketing department can't keep up with engineering and manufacturing so we have about 22 skus in 6 product categories in a pipeline for media release, not counting the Paladin 5, which they finally released.   Rumor of a couple hires speeding up marketing media is about.  I'm hoping we can connect on that.  The job market in Wisconsin is pretty competitive.  Unemployment is at like 3%.
View Quote
Hope there’s a Recce 9 (.338) in there somewhere
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Arabs aren't a race. Racially they are Caucasians and culturally they are quite diverse with Moslem, Christian, and Jewish Arabs, and diverse languages and other cultural practices.  I doubt if you wrote Front Toward Caucasians or Front Toward Homo Sapiens you'd have inspired as much ire and backlash.  More dysfunctional, pathological egalitarianism.

Silencers are the most tribal sub forum in Armory and all they are is straight bore mufflers. MGs have much more discriminating characteristics and you don't see Sten guys putting down Macs or 1919 guys complaining their air cooled beast didn't come with a water cooling jacket like a Maxim.

Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Oh man that's how a Democrat would ask that.   You should be Nancy Pelosi's campaign manager.  We meant terrorists, it was like 15 cans.  Great collectors items- maybe you should track one down.  I worked with a few good Iraqi's.  One of them was shot in the head by an Iranian Terrorist Assassin targeting people in his job category, doing a job I and 19 other people were doing in country at the time.  We evacuated him in a helicopter but he died enroute to the hospital.   Our side got the Iranian with cell phone intercepts.   Another one we worked to get asylum here, but the State Department turned it down.  I guess they didn't care about his work to help us, and were stereotyping him, or maybe someone didn't really read the packet.  I wish he would have made it.  I don't know if he was a Muslim or not, I don't care, he was a decent guy who dreamed about America.   I wish half of California or even Wisconsin dreamed about America like that.  He's one of only two locals I ever felt that I let down in that whole mess and the other had a hot tip on Abu Musab al-Zarqawi that higher wouldn't let us act on for fear of an ambush- we volunteered to go, but they wouldn't let us help.  I do believe the tip was honest and legitimate.

I lost some friends, I lost my 20's, a bunch of my friends lost their 20's and their friends.  It wasn't the best time.  I don't even think we wrapped it up yet.  I did 4 years in Iraq.  I still have friends there- it's been longer than the Vietnam war.   I mean they officially concluded it, but there are still people there doing the work.  By my standard, that means it continues to happen.
View Quote
Thank you for your service. Call me whatever you want. Keep it classy. I’ll let my wallet speak.

ETA:People collect Nazi memorabilia too... I don’t. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Arabs aren't a race. Racially they are Caucasians and culturally they are quite diverse with Moslem, Christian, and Jewish Arabs, and diverse languages and other cultural practices.  I doubt if you wrote Front Toward Caucasians or Front Toward Homo Sapiens you'd have inspired as much ire and backlash.  More dysfunctional, pathological egalitarianism.

Silencers are the most tribal sub forum in Armory and all they are is straight bore mufflers. MGs have much more discriminating characteristics and you don't see Sten guys putting down Macs or 1919 guys complaining their air cooled beast didn't come with a water cooling jacket like a Maxim.

View Quote
Semantics. But my point stands.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're thinking of trifecta. Not ASR. ASR is fine.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
ETA:People collect Nazi memorabilia too... I don’t. YMMV
View Quote
Godwin!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty much.  It's the main reason I held off on buying a rifle suppressor for so long.  Now have a Dead Air Sandman I'm quite happy with and a Q Nelson in jail.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Pretty much.  It's the main reason I held off on buying a rifle suppressor for so long.  Now have a Dead Air Sandman I'm quite happy with and a Q Nelson in jail.
View Quote
I've got a Sandman K and L on order.  I think I'm going to end up with a Nomad in the middle instead of an S.  Q's cans are interesting, but I'm not sure I want an all Titanium can.  Occasionally I like to be kinda rough on them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm honestly curious why you feel so threatened by Energetic?  

“I’m not threatened, but I’ll continue to talk shit about Energetic.”
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

“I’m not threatened, but I’ll continue to talk shit about Energetic.”
View Quote
If talking shit means you're threatened, then Q is scared of fucking EVERYONE.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If talking shit means you're threatened, then Q is scared of fucking EVERYONE.
View Quote
There’s also backing it up. Love him or hate him but KB backs it up and Q is putting out very good products. His guns have 6 month backlogs on orders and the cans are excellent. Even the Tirant and Element are still very relevant today.

I’m not going to wade into the weeds too much in this one but I’ve seen enough garbage to know where I won’t be spending my money.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Energetic's Ted half admitted the benchmark of H1150 wasn't the best choice for his first-cut  PowerPoint engineering.  As an aerospace guy with 35 years experience in materials and processes it initially left a bad taste in my mouth as well.  I've learned that when people throw the 'optimization' word around, they probably don't want me asking questions.  Regardless, the VOX is getting Val/Ver'd in the market place as will their eventual customer support history.

If @Green0 had KB's penchant for bonobo marketing they'd do a run of front caps with "Front Toward Snowflakz".  Or a road sign with "Danger, Recycle Bins Near Taper".  

I can always count on Griffin chupacabras to get scent in a thread and let the winded Silencerco bull stroll off into treeline.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#40]

I guess some can't lose face no matter what.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I guess some can't lose face no matter what.
View Quote
Ever.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Energetic's Ted half admitted the benchmark of H1150 wasn't the best choice for his first-cut  PowerPoint engineering.  As an aerospace guy with 35 years experience in materials and processes it initially left a bad taste in my mouth as well.  I've learned that when people throw the 'optimization' word around, they probably don't want me asking questions.  Regardless, the VOX is getting Val/Ver'd in the market place as will their eventual customer support history.

If @Green0 had KB's penchant for bonobo marketing they'd do a run of front caps with "Front Toward Snowflakz".  Or a road sign with "Danger, Recycle Bins Near Taper".  

I can always count on Griffin chupacabras to get scent in a thread and let the winded Silencerco bull stroll off into treeline.
View Quote
I was pretty pissed at SiCo this year regarding not answering me, but they seem to be unfucking that.  However, I’m not impressed with their new policy regarding not exchanging Trifecta for ASR.

Anyway, looking forward to my fifth SiCo can (Omega 9k) and my Vox.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Only seen one person post about a policy change on not exchanging mounts anymore. They were as if a couple weeks ago.

Not cool if true. If a trifecta breaks they should replace it with an ASR. I can see why they may not be up for switching out half a dozen muzzle devices though. No other company does that.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There's also backing it up. Love him or hate him but KB backs it up and Q is putting out very good products. His guns have 6 month backlogs on orders and the cans are excellent. Even the Tirant and Element are still very relevant today.

I'm not going to wade into the weeds too much in this one but I've seen enough garbage to know where I won't be spending my money.
View Quote
Yeah he backs it up alright - right over a trashcan!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's also backing it up. Love him or hate him but KB backs it up and Q is putting out very good products. His guns have 6 month backlogs on orders and the cans are excellent. Even the Tirant and Element are still very relevant today.

I'm not going to wade into the weeds too much in this one but I've seen enough garbage to know where I won't be spending my money.
The Fix absolutely backs it up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The Fix absolutely backs it up.
View Quote
Those are some sweet rifles. Buddy of mine has one.  Beautiful piece of gear!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:16:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
GA taper mount? With the threads in front of the taper, essentially defeating the purpose?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
GA taper mount? With the threads in front of the taper, essentially defeating the purpose?
I just went out of my way to swap to an aftermarket Griffin taper mount adapter instead of an ASR because it's hands down a better mount, and the muzzle devices are also a lot nicer.   Some carbon isn't going to change that.   The OPS/AE and Thunderbeast mounts have the same taper/thread relation and also just plain work.

There are people in here complaining that it's a fad to complain about SiCo.   I would submit instead that some of their products were the fad, and that many of those now complaining are doing so because they've figured that out.

I'm not a fan of the drama that seems to follow around suppressor stuff, but I'm tired of sitting around pretending I don't have stuff to complain about.

Quoted:

The trifecta was great.

Until it wasn’t.

Yours does as do a whole shit-ton of others.  But some don't.  It could just be the volume of them circulating, but people are ditching them for a reason.

Quoted:

Semantics. But my point stands.
Doesn't matter if it's semantics, words have meanings.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:32:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I just went out of my way to swap to an aftermarket Griffin taper mount adapter instead of an ASR because it's hands down a better mount, and the muzzle devices are also a lot nicer.   Some carbon isn't going to change that.   The OPS/AE and Thunderbeast mounts have the same taper/thread relation and also just plain work.

There are people in here complaining that it's a fad to complain about SiCo.   I would submit instead that some of their products were the fad, and that many of those now complaining are doing so because they've figured that out.

I'm not a fan of the drama that seems to follow around suppressor stuff, but I'm tired of sitting around pretending I don't have stuff to complain about.

Yours does as do a whole shit-ton of others.  But some don't.  It could just be the volume of them circulating, but people are ditching them for a reason.

Doesn't matter if it's semantics, words have meanings.
View Quote
I've never really heard any complaints from people who actually use the GA or TBAC mounts. The GA mounts are hugely popular with the Form 1 crowd too

Regardless of which mounts people use, everyone should have a stick of this in their shooting bag

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:25:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don't feel threatened- this thread is about Silencer Co, nobody even mentioned them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't feel threatened- this thread is about Silencer Co, nobody even mentioned them.  
Quoted:
I'd rather own a can from a 9 year or whatever company like Silencer Co than an operation that's been in cans for 12 months or whatever its been.
Deny it all you want, but I have a feeling most here can see your comment for exactly what it was; a not so subtle jab at Energetic Armament.

You personally are the reason I will never purchase a Griffin product, nor will I recommend them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Deny it all you want, but I have a feeling most here can see your comment for exactly what it was; a not so subtle jab at Energetic Armament.

You personally are the reason I will never purchase a Griffin product, nor will I recommend them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather own a can from a 9 year or whatever company like Silencer Co than an operation that's been in cans for 12 months or whatever its been.

You guys crack me up. I bet you're really hurting their bottom line lol

By all means dont buy from anyone that talks any shit
That should eliminate just about the entire industry...
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top