Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2021 4:00:37 PM EDT
I've got a new Jmac custom AB-8R arm that want to use with the stock Sig folding mech since JMac custom was out of stock of their folding mech for Sig.  How do you remove the stock Sig PCB arm from the Sig folding mech?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
T27 and either put the strut in a soft jaw vise or stick a screwdriver or something flat like a file through one of the slots. Maybe use a towel over the whatever you use to keep the strut from spinning. That may keep it from dinging the plastic.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's in there the same as my Kate Moss folder, that screw is a motherfucker to get out, I ended up rounding out the screw, then I had to drill it and fight with it to
get it out. I have no idea what they used but if you are bearing on it and it won't budge you might want to heat it up as long as the finish won't be damaged. Or
maybe mine was put in by a Sig employee that was pissed off that day and put black max on the screw.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's in there the same as my Kate Moss folder, that screw is a motherfucker to get out, I ended up rounding out the screw, then I had to drill it and fight with it to
get it out. I have no idea what they used but if you are bearing on it and it won't budge you might want to heat it up as long as the finish won't be damaged. Or
maybe mine was put in by a Sig employee that was pissed off that day and put black max on the screw.
View Quote

Maybe some careful application of a 1/4” impact would help get that thing out without stripping out the torx head.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe some careful application of a 1/4" impact would help get that thing out without stripping out the torx head.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe some careful application of a 1/4" impact would help get that thing out without stripping out the torx head.

Also @jharpphoto

IF you do "screw" the screw... JMac has some in stock...

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]
DAMN that screw is a mother fucker!!! got it out but totally fucked it up.  luckily there was a new one in the AB-BA adapter bag for the tailhook.

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe, for future reference, a little bit of electrical tape or piece of rubber band on the torx screw to take up as much free play as possible might help from stripping it out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that full size or compact tailhook?  Does it rub when folded?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top