Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2018 8:33:55 AM EDT
I bought a TVP as a Christmas gift for my daughter but am running into some problems.

My biggest issue is accuracy-- this gun doesn't have it! It looks the part, but doesn't walk the walk...
I'm talking orange sized groups at 50yd-- certainly this rifle is better than that??

I am trying different ammo to see if this thing is just being picky but haven't found anything it seems to like.

I have a Mueller APV scope mounted and have checked and rechecked for tightness.

Aside from that, I didn't consider weight-- my daughter finds it too heavy to shoot for long and she's not the type to enjoy shooting off the bench for long.

I'd appreciate any ideas for getting this thing dialed in or else it's going to be traded off. Life's too short to shoot an inaccurate gun.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope this gathers up some interest. I borrowed three of them for us to take to an Appleseed Shoot. None of the three are accurate, along with horrible triggers. My Friend did shoot Rifle man twice with one; not sure how!
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope this gathers up some interest. I borrowed three of them for us to take to an Appleseed Shoot. None of the three are accurate, along with horrible triggers. My Friend did shoot Rifle man twice with one; not sure how!
View Quote
I don't feel so bad-- it's not me! I'd like to know if anyone has had success and with which ammo! Going to try some of the target/competition brands next as well as trying a different scope-- perhaps my mueller is the issue...
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
well, finally got back to the range. I had removed the mueller and replaced it with a 3-9x40 Nikon.

I also had on hand about 6 different types of ammo.

This TVP definitely prefers CCi standard velocity and of course match was pretty good too.

I'll take it back with the mueller and the CCI standard to repeat the process.

At this point its a "tentative" keeper....
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Update.....
After trying multiple brands/types of ammo, I am still unable to get this rifle dialed in. My early 80’s marlin 60 shoots the same size groups with minimags and crap bulk ammo as this one does with cci sv.

A complete disassembly revealed that the rear stock/ takedown screw does not tighten up allowing the action to slightly move— the screw hole in the rear of the receiver was not tapped deep enough.
Going to tap the hole and bed the action and see where that gets me.

I heard Jard has done a small run of 597 barrels, so that may be my next step.....

I like this gun, but I’m sure it’s better than 1/2 dollar sized groups (and flyers) at 50 yds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top