Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2022 7:22:28 PM EDT
i was given a Red Ryder BB gun and not being not being familiar with them, have a question.

the capacity is 650 bb's but the Daisy refill tubes come in 350 count bb's.

so is it possible to just use two tubes (700) of bb's without any problems?

don't want to hurt the gun but don't wanna count bb's either...

thanks.

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
When I got mine for my birthday 48 years ago, I always just filled to tube to capacity. I also learned what happens when you fire it with the lever down and your hand wrapped around the grip (they've probably done something about that by now).
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Rarely need to fill to capacity.   It’s a lot of moving weight.  

But I have no idea if it will hold 700

And they sell many types and sizes of BB’s
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
they would be the 4.5mm zinc plated variety.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 7:50:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Code_Name_Eric] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rrbgeb:

And they sell many types and sizes of BB’s
View Quote

Really? How many sizes of BBs are there?

Seems perhaps we're overthinking things. Like little Ralphie, I figured out my Daisy pretty quickly on my 10th birthday. Never did shoot my eye out, but got close once or twice.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#5]
My red rider is the one you turn the barrel cap to fill,  any extra just go on the floor
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By belchfire:
My red rider is the one you turn the barrel cap to fill,  any extra just go on the floor
View Quote

Yup, I spent some time on the floor with a magnet as a yute scavenging escaped BBs. Mine had a little porthole in the tube that you turned the cap to open. Eventually I got a little BB loader thing, perhaps from an ad in Boys Life which worked well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#7]
Originally Posted By Code_Name_Eric:
When I got mine for my birthday 48 years ago, I always just filled to tube to capacity. I also learned what happens when you fire it with the lever down and your hand wrapped around the grip (they've probably done something about that by now).
View Quote
New ones don't have the knuckle buster feature any longer.

They hold more than the capacity listed on the box.  It is good to have a little "shaking room" in case you have feed issues.  It happens on occasion.

My Dad used to spray a little WD-40 into the tube on the BBs because of the humidity we grew up in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top