Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2018 8:51:53 PM EDT
I have a 16" daniel defense barrel assembly with a factory pinned gas block. I cannot visually tell if its a taper pin or not, but I could tell which side they smacked it on from, so I tried driving from the opposite side to push the pin out the direction it came from. I was using a steel punch, 3lb hammer, and pb blaster with no success. Is there a trick to removing this or does anybody know if this is indeed a taper pinned block? thanks
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Daniel defense says it is a taper pin and will have to be secured ejection port side down, and driven out with a nail set
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I cannot say on the DD but on FSB's that all my friends have such a hard time with I get them out fairly easy with good support on the bottom and then it takes a really hard whack to get it started and then it just falls out. I also use a 3# hammer but I use a solid thick punch just to get it started then the smaller ones. I am not sure on the DD if you have enough of the pin sticking out to use the solid straight punch?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top