Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2021 7:55:13 PM EDT
I am less than pleased. I ordered THIS, also called and spoke to Will and he said it would ship that day. an email from carl the night before I ordered was explaining the unit " BB was a brown bag special with units only. These are new with sheets, warranty, manual gain and single double A battery pack. We have a few with sheets and some Omni 7's without. "

on 3/5 he told me it would go out that day. on the 9th I emailed and asked for an ETA. received a tracking number 3/10. received it 3/12 and all was well. ended up with a new unit complete with everything. about a week later looking at the spec sheet I notice it says XLSH. wait a minute..... several emails that dont get answered I call and hes very sorry, will get it taken care of asap he has my unit in hand. I finally receive a RMA with shipping paid on 3/24. after a week I call and he tells me hes out of stock and should get more in on the 14th and he'll pick me out a nice one. got shipping notification yesterday for overnight and received the following today.

Bare unit with lens and some purplish chrome lens on objective. looks to be lightly used, no spec sheet, has very noticable whine, small peppering on all zones.

where can I find a spec sheet for this tube?

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
after a little more digging it looks like this is a omni 7, another thing I noticed is the batt low light is always blinking even with 3 different new batteries. 2 lithium and one alkaline.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Your link to the product has the same picture.

But an Omni VII tube has higher minimum specs than an XLS. That being said, it's likely a used tube if its warranty expired in 2008. I'd probably ask for a new unit if you ordered a new one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
fixed the link.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Will told you they had some of these with omni 7's? That would lead me to believe the tubes are used as omni 7 is an older spec now, and that tube is not an XLSH tube, thats an actual contract tube.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#5]
The issue is you bought from wills optics.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:41:36 AM EDT
[#6]
The W9124Q 05 D 0821 contract is for an OMNI VII unit in 2006 (MX11769UV)

so

photocathode ~ 2200, EBI ~ 3, SNR ~ 28, lp/mm ~64, gain >50,000, halo ~ 0.7, FOM ~1780

how much did you pay for it?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will told you they had some of these with omni 7's? That would lead me to believe the tubes are used as omni 7 is an older spec now, and that tube is not an XLSH tube, thats an actual contract tube.
View Quote
yeah. looking back I guess they did deliver although they also said new with sheets twice. my main issue now is the battery low light thats on no matter what.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The issue is you bought from wills optics.
View Quote
I googled it before I bought and I came up with an older thread from here and someone said they were gtg.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Was it worth the $200-$400 saved rather than buying from TNVC or another reputable vendor?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Balls deep.  I hope you can get your money back.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#11]
If I'm buying that off a retail website, unless it says used tube, I expect it to be a brand new tube. I'd ask for a refund.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Dude is shady AF. I have no personal experience with him but from what I've read I'd definitely not buy from him. The EE as a whole is a better place to get Nod stuff from than him.

JRH, TNVC, or UNV would have done you right. Even though they are constantly throwing inside jabs at each other like some junior high girls.

Nocturnality Gear and Kosher Surplus also seem like stand up businesses. Heard many good words about both.

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I may be missing something but when I read the page you posted I didn’t see where it said Omni 7 or where you requested an Omni 7 tube.  Depending on the specs of your elbit tube you might have been better off with that one.  That tube is 15 year old NOS at best, been rode hard and “fell off the back of a truck” at the worst.  I personally wouldn’t be super happy if I purchased a new product and something used showed up.  

Regarding spec sheets, maybe call L3?  I don’t know if they retain ITT spec sheets from that long ago or not.  At a minimum they should be able to tell you who that tube was originally sold to.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dude is shady AF. I have no personal experience with him but from what I've read I'd definitely not buy from him. The EE as a whole is a better place to get Nod stuff from than him.

JRH, TNVC, or UNV would have done you right. Even though they are constantly throwing inside jabs at each other like some junior high girls.

Nocturnality Gear and Kosher Surplus also seem like stand up businesses. Heard many good words about both.

View Quote

oh yea, for sure.

i'll put it this way, if someone else paid for it I would still be nervous about what he was sending out.

get a refund if you can OP and order from a reputable site vendor mentioned above.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#15]
the problem with that is well have a new president in office by the time reputable dealers get around to shipping an order. but I guess there is a reason for that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I googled it before I bought and I came up with an older thread from here and someone said they were gtg.
View Quote

I posted he was gtg, but that was a very old thread. @ 6mos ago I and several other posters from that old thread posted to stay away in a newer thread someone else started. IMHO contact your credit card company and send it back with signature confirmation. Look at Carl Williams aka Wills Optics address in Georgia 10 to 1 it doesn't match the label because it came directly from HEAT.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
the problem with that is well have a new president in office by the time reputable dealers get around to shipping an order. but I guess there is a reason for that.
View Quote

Awesome deal on some BNVDs in the EE today.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I posted he was gtg, but that was a very old thread. @ 6mos ago I and several other posters from that old thread posted to stay away in a newer thread someone else started. IMHO contact your credit card company and send it back with signature confirmation. Look at Carl Williams aka Wills Optics address in Georgia 10 to 1 it doesn't match the label because it came directly from HEAT.
View Quote

Who or what is "Heat"
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Who or what is "Heat"
View Quote

High End Armament Technology Inc. Tulsa, OK
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

High End Armament Technology Inc. Tulsa, OK
View Quote

What should we know about HEAT? Are they GTG?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're GTG, but their prices are a little high compared to the vendors on ARF with a 10 year tube warranty.
JRHEnterprise
NGI
etc.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now you're even farther behind than before. It's no excuse to spend your hard earned money with a non-reputable vendor. I have to deal with similar mindless games at work. The only thing Purchasing teams care about is the bottom dollar. It’s difficult for them to comprehend the risks associated with buying from the cheapest vendor. The EE is your best source of getting NV immediately.

I don't want to make this political, but I doubt NV is anywhere close to being on the chopping block...
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a guy tell me last week that he paid 4k for an ATN -14. I about threw up
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Outstanding customer service from HEAT for me. Price was excellent and continuing service has been great. They and TNVC are my go to's. Can't say enough good about my experiences with both.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I have learned from personal experience that night vision equipment people *can* be as shady in the end as your local snake oil salesperson.

I got burned once and since have only used two of our site night vision vendors. Not enough of us even understand the gear specs to have any idea if we get ripped off by the snake oil sales.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#26]
JRH took care of me and even when I had a warranty issue went out of his way to make it right.  There are no shortcuts unfortunately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top