Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2018 7:55:47 AM EDT
Has anyone submitted anything through [email protected] recently?
In the past, I don't recall a response taking more than a week or two.
I've been waiting about 8 weeks now, on my last email.

I'm going to try and contact them, regarding this, but just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing similar delays.

Link Posted: 6/3/2018 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have emailed them twice before and they never responded.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent one in about 3 months ago. Took 18 days iirc. I just sent another one  (5320.20) last night. We shall see.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've probably sent them several dozen emails, over the last number of years. I can't recall ever not getting a response. Same goes for letters. Hence, my query.

Quoted:
I sent one in about 3 months ago. Took 18 days iirc. I just sent another one  (5320.20) last night. We shall see.
See, this is what I was leaning towards, 2-3wk response time. this would be what I recall as normal.

I gave them a call, Friday afternoon. The girl who answered said she didn't see my email in the system. She answered my question on the phone, more of a go-ahead, and recommended I email again to have a record. She, also, transferred me to a higher tech agent for another item I had in the pipeline. Turned out to be a positive call
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Over the phone, things go smooth. They are government employees but they are also humans and most humans are nice to deal with. People that tend to be angry/jaded end up being people who hate their life/job.

Not all government employees are assholes. DMV employees have a stigma that follows them but to be honest, all of them have been nice too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Got it back today. emailed on 6/2 and in hand on 6/16.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Has anyone submitted anything through [email protected] recently?
In the past, I don't recall a response taking more than a week or two.
I've been waiting about 8 weeks now, on my last email.

I'm going to try and contact them, regarding this, but just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing similar delays.

View Quote
same boat here. emailed in 5/25 no response so far.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
11x 5320.20s all attached in one email sent on 5/26/2018.  I got one back on 6/14 the rest all came on 6/15.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Over the phone, things go smooth. They are government employees but they are also humans and most humans are nice to deal with. People that tend to be angry/jaded end up being people who hate their life/job.

Not all government employees are assholes. DMV employees have a stigma that follows them but to be honest, all of them have been nice too.
View Quote
My first time calling and I got one of those on the phone. She wasnt very pleasant but then again I just wanted a status so no big deal. I’m sure those people are flooded with calls
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:43:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I think they favor that email for more FFL/SOT questions/submissions. I get responses within an hour.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
11x 5320.20s all attached in one email sent on 5/26/2018.  I got one back on 6/14 the rest all came on 6/15.
View Quote
bah. guess i'll call.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Submitted via email 5/25. called today..."pending".

sigh
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Submitted via email 5/25. called today..."pending".

sigh
View Quote
Have to love the consistency at the ATF. I was worried they would send mine back because I forgot to sign to the second copy. Guess I got lucky getting them back in 2.5 weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top