Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2022 8:22:29 PM EDT
ok i am looking at two ways of doing this old school and new school

the old school i thinking 97 winchester or a 1887 or a clone of one or a remington modle 11

the new school would be a tac 13 but seems like they are not around much with remington going down and no one bringing them back out, so does anyone know of a good auto that can take a light?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:30:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dana] [#1]
Find a older 870. I think they. Hanged the barrel mount at some point. I like the older one. Find one, file paper work, buy oem 14" for around 200. Done.

I used to buy old 870s for $200 all day. They have gone up but you can still find them around. Buy one with a long barrel cheaper than the tactical ones. Then sell the old original barrel.

I have also cut barrels, filed them smooth and installed a bead. Easy enough if you take your time but not as nice as the original barrels.

This one started as a regular 870. This barrel is too short and it now has a OEM 14". But you can buy old barrels, cut them how you want them and screw them on a 870 in 2 min.

This one is not a SBS but i needed a breakdown "truck gun". Really awesome to have a 12g pump that fits in a tool bag. I am sure someone will be made that i "butchered" this thing. But it was a $99 shotgun. A old Stevens take down. Just cut it with a saw and cleaned it up with a file. Shortened the LOP. Installed a bead sight. But you could do the same thing as a SBS if you wanted. But know that the cut down barrels dont always pattern as nice. But sometimes they do.

This is a crappy picture before i finished fitting the bead sight and the recoil plate. But both pieces were cut to be the same size and it packed into a small tool bag in my truck when done.

My brother bought this one for $130. Again sorry to all the old shotgun guys. But i love takedown guns to travel with and the 28" barrel just does not work for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top