Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2021 3:47:43 PM EDT
im looking for a firing pin for a mossberg model 40 anyone know where to find one
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Havlins is the place for old mossy parts.

If one from a 44US-A would work I might have one...
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]
numrich gun parts lists the model 40 and 44 as the same but i dont know

havlin says to call about parts for the model 40 i will have to give them a call tomorrow
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
numrich gun parts lists the model 40 and 44 as the same but i dont know

havlin says to call about parts for the model 40 i will have to give them a call tomorrow
View Quote

Wife is down w/ a migraine right now so I dare not go into the bedroom and open the safe (she's a redheaded puerto rican .... I have the bruises to prove it)

But when it is safe to access the safe again I'll try to remember to get it out and take a pic for ya w/ a ruler, etc in picture for reference.

Just did some more looking, looks like my 44 and your 40 don't use the same pin - a *very* early 44 would though.

Led me to a post on rimfirecentral (DEFINITELY the place for rimfire anything) https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1186651

Which led me to the actual seller, (Jack First part #623-419) but they are OOS.  But they do have a pic of what you need, with a ruler, and if you are OK with any kind of CAD-like program you could probably get the actual dimensions since it is all straight lines, etc.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the help i found jack first number today and called them and got on the wait list they said that they should be making more sometime soon
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent!

When you get yours going, if it is anything like my 44 the trigger pull can be adjusted, and it can be loosened over time and eventually get too loose to actually cock and hold the hammer... Just a little thing to watch out for

If your 40 has the screw holes on the sides for the scope/S-100/130 sight Havlins has a repo of the proper scope mount, they work really well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top