Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2017 10:31:07 AM EDT
for $700-800 & AOW form 4 ($5.00 stamp) why is it so $$$$: I know it's shorter than stock
gunz, but Mossberg make so many guns, it's not like their lines aren't setup to just weld a shorter
mag tube & volia;

could i buy a standard bird chooin' barrel & stock and use it for hunting? it would
automatically comply with the 3 shot limit in most states

anyone chot one yet? really got me looking,,,,
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just get the Shockwave for $350-$390.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
for $700-800 & AOW form 4 ($5.00 stamp) why is it so $$:
View Quote

$5 transfer fee but $200 manufacturer fee.
Manufacturer passes on cost to the purchaser.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  $5 transfer fee but $200 manufacturer fee.
View Quote
Er, no.  Answer is b/c they can.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:32:14 AM EDT
[#4]
My dealer quoted me $620 and I'm thinking really hard about driving out there and ordering it.
Anyone have one?
Worth it as a range toy?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

$5 transfer fee but $200 manufacturer fee.
View Quote
Uh, manufacturers use a form 2 which costs $0.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
....could i buy a standard bird chooin' barrel & stock and use it for hunting?...    
View Quote

No, because that would be making a short barreled shotgun and require a $200 tax stamp.
Just start off with a plain jane shotgun and Form 1 as an SBS. Then you can configure it exactly the same as the Shockwave, any AOW and then go back to a Title I shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No, because that would be making a short barreled shotgun and require a $200 tax stamp.
Just start off with a plain jane shotgun and Form 1 as an SBS. Then you can configure it exactly the same as the Shockwave, any AOW and then go back to a Title I shotgun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  ....could i buy a standard bird chooin' barrel & stock and use it for hunting?...    
You seem to have missed the standard bird chootin' bbl part.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  ....could i buy a standard bird chooin' barrel & stock and use it for hunting?...    
I missed nothing.
OP asked if he could put a stock and "standard bird chootin bbl" on his AOW..........he can't without paying for a tax stamp. I don't believe AOW's enjoy the ability to configure as a Title II > Title I> Title II as do Short Barreled Shotguns.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  I missed nothing.
OP asked if he could put a stock and "standard bird chootin bbl" on his AOW..........he can't without paying for a tax stamp. I don't believe AOW's enjoy the ability to configure as a Title II > Title I> Title II as do Short Barreled Shotguns.
View Quote
Let's write a letter.  You do the punctuation and the grammerz.  

Do we know?  Or are you remembering some case in the dark recesses of Title 2?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I missed nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I missed nothing.
The reason pistol-gripped 'shotguns' are classified as AOW's is because they are considered smooth bore handguns, due to the length and ability to be concealed like a handgun. An AR pistol registered as an AOW (because of having a VFG) would be ok being turned into a Title I AR and then back into a Title II AOW. Likewise, Title II SBS' may be configured into a Title I shotgun and then back into a Title II SBS. I would think it stands to reason that a Title II AOW 'shotgun' can be configured from a Title II smoothbore handgun into a Title I shotgun and then back into a Title II AOW. My registered AOW NAA mini revolver and wallet combo can go from Title II to Title I and back to Title II.

Of course, I fully understand the BATFE's historical inability to apply logic, or at least their inability to do so consistently. But, it would be splitting a pretty fine hair to say SBR's, SBS', and certain other AOW's may move between their Title II configuration to a legal Title I configuration, and back to their Title II configuration, but this one particular type of AOW can not do so.

So long as the barrel is installed before the stock and removed after the stock is, I can see no reason an AOW 'shotgun' can't be reconfigured as a Title I shotgun and back to an AOW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top