Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
@hollowhandle

Do this, a stock charger barrel (not the shorty one) and a silencerco extension, cheap way to get it done

https://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-delta-adapter-12x28-barrel-extension.html
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered my stock in March, got it Monday.

https://i.imgur.com/WWfzAvv.jpg

Now to replace the folding rear sight. Who makes a sight that will work?

Gary
View Quote

Tech Sights is the sight you seek...
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ll include my Samson stocks in this thread too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Beautiful Mini 14, I love how it’s cut down. What length did you have it cut down to and who did the work?

Edit: well I feel like a dumbass I thought it was an original GB but it looks like it’s a 16” new series
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:58:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Beautiful Mini 14, I love how it’s cut down. What length did you have it cut down to and who did the work?

Edit: well I feel like a dumbass I thought it was an original GB but it looks like it’s a 16” new series
View Quote

Yeah- It's what Ruger calls the "Tactical".  I like the changes to the new Mini series, but wish they'd used an undercut front sight like the M14 instead of a ramp.  Also would prefer the peep to be a little larger aperture.  But that's an easy fix.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone ordered an A-TM stock for the Ruger shop recently? How long did it take for the back order to be filled? Just curious because I ordered one on 2/24.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:39:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I got my hands on one of the ATM stocks for my Mini 14. Because it only comes in stainless I ended up getting it cerekoted to match the rifle. I really like it. I took it out and shot it with the new stock setup and it feels very solid. Very handy little stock setup.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got my hands on one of the ATM stocks for my Mini 14. Because it only comes in stainless I ended up getting it cerekoted to match the rifle. I really like it. I took it out and shot it with the new stock setup and it feels very solid. Very handy little stock setup.

https://i.imgur.com/0JHpwJ3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/W3qThQn.jpg
View Quote

That looks great! I wish that they would just make a blued one also and not just a stainless one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That looks great! I wish that they would just make a blued one also and not just a stainless one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/0JHpwJ3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/W3qThQn.jpg

For the sake of long-term durability, and appearance completely aside, I'd rather have a stainless steel unit with suitable over-coating.  Rust never sleeps.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Do you have the part numbers on these screws? Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

@badazzar15

Shoot me an IM with your address and I'll send you the screws, gratis.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:02:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Has anyone ordered an A-TM stock for the Ruger shop recently? How long did it take for the back order to be filled? Just curious because I ordered one on 2/24.
View Quote

Just got a shipping notification that my A-TM stock shipped out from ShopRuger.com , so about a 6 week wait. Can’t wait to get it!
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Got mine today. I ordered in January. Well worth the wait.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:22:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Here’s my Mini 14 in its new folding stock
This picture is before I switched out the stock reinforcement that came with the Samson folder and put in my original Ruger stock reinforcement that originally came with the Mini 14’s factory wood stock. The tabs didn’t line up and the barreled action keep sliding forward. All and all I’m very happy with the fit and finish of the stock from Samson, the color matches the original birch stock. I love the look of the new stock so much I think I’m going to Form 1 it and SBR it to 13” and put a gas block front sight on with a stainless Ruger Mini 14 birdcage flash hider.

Here’s a pic after the swap, now it sits flush with the gas block.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Seriously considering ordering a B-TM for my 10-22 to match my Mini. Just can't get over buying a stock that cost more than the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I absolutely cannot get this thing installed. I'm no gunsmith but it shouldn't be this hard, should it? It seems to fit nicely into the gas block but when I try to swing the rest of the receiver down into the stock the stock reinforcement seems to be in the way. Am I doing this right?

Link Posted: 6/21/2021 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I had to remove my liner; straighten it and reinstall. It was not positioned properly to begin with and did not engage as it should.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I absolutely cannot get this thing installed. I'm no gunsmith but it shouldn't be this hard, should it? It seems to fit nicely into the gas block but when I try to swing the rest of the receiver down into the stock the stock reinforcement seems to be in the way. Am I doing this right?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82404/20210621_203613-1986855.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82404/20210621_204441-1986837.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82404/20210621_203634-1986838.jpg
View Quote

Try using your original reinforcement.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82404/20210621_204441-1986837.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82404/20210621_203634-1986838.jpg

Polymer stock, no detachable reinforcement.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Dremel that liner corner.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Metal stock liner is located (fore-and-aft) by screws, unfortunately.  Try this test:  Remove screws, push liner forward, and see if the barreled action will then fit.  If so, then get some stainless steel screws of correct thread, thread them into stock reinforcement, along with some epoxy, file flush, then re-drill the holes for the OEM screws and re-tap new, offset holes.  If the metal reinforcement will not slide forward enough (without screws attached), so as to allow the barreled-action to fit properly, contact the mfr/vendor with a description of your problem and see what they can do.  Possibly holes for screws were drilled in wrong location by mfr, possibly additional manufacturing problems.

As a last resort, you can file-down the point(s) of interference on the metal stock reinforcement, but you will need to fill in the gap(s) between the metal stock reinforcement and the wooden stock because without filling in the gaps, the screws will take all the recoil, and may eventually split the stock.   In addition, the metal stock reinforcement being too far to the rear may cause some magazine insertion/extraction issues.  DO NOT file-down the barreled action, as doing so WILL void your Ruger warranty!

Folks at PerfectUnion Site may be able to help.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Polymer stock, no detachable reinforcement.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82404/20210622_210453-1988071.jpg
View Quote

You may want to consider ordering an original Ruger Mini 14 stock reinforcement if you run out of options.
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/bottom-metals/ruger-mini-14-stock-reinforcement-prod11494.aspx
Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Just an FYI, I ordered the stock from Ruger June 15th and it shipped today.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice and dark, anybody try Cerakoting the metal yet?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nice and dark, anybody try Cerakoting the metal yet?
View Quote

Nagant1984 had his ceracoated.  Looks nice.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks, just realized his post is on this page.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I've always substituted stainless steel for OEM blued steel, and bead-blasted or sanded such items.  In the past, used Brownells 'AlumaHyde II" epoxy paint for a final coating.

So far, so good.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#30]
^^^I have heard good things about that finish, I would have the guy that does my engraving do it, he does sandblast before Cerakoting but I still wonder how well it will
hold up in the crease when folding the butt plate up and the contact post on the side of the stock.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Used the Alumahyde II for the finish, put the parts in the oven on 175 for about 3 hours, still holding off on folding the buttstock until it cures
more, about a week, so I don't know if the finish will scrap off at the folding point yet.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Got my stock on order today from Ruger.com and have a stainless reinforcement on order from Brownells.  Now I just need to find a stainless tactical Mini 14 and an onld nickel 30 or 40 round mag.  Anyone have a lead on one in stock from somewhere other than gunbroker?  
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Got my stock on order today from Ruger.com and have a stainless reinforcement on order from Brownells.  Now I just need to find a stainless tactical Mini 14 and an onld nickel 30 or 40 round mag.  Anyone have a lead on one in stock from somewhere other than gunbroker?  
View Quote
Gunbroker is where I eventually ordered mine.  Had a line on one from a website, and they wound up cancelling it for some reason.  I eventually settled on a 16" SS 583 series, non-threaded, because of the reduced OAL vs. a threaded model with a muzzle device, but I had to get it from gunbroker.  These A-TM stocks caused a run on SS Minis.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Gunbroker is where I eventually ordered mine.  Had a line on one from a website, and they wound up cancelling it for some reason.  I eventually settled on a 16" SS 583 series, non-threaded, because of the reduced OAL vs. a threaded model with a muzzle device, but I had to get it from gunbroker.  These A-TM stocks caused a run on SS Minis.
View Quote
Where would one find a threaded barrel for a mini? Would love to add a can to the folding stock.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Where would one find a threaded barrel for a mini? Would love to add a can to the folding stock.
View Quote

Send your barreled receiver off to Class III Machining and have him thread your barrel.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Wrong forum disregard
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Many of the "tactical" minis come threaded from the factory.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Does anyone have the length of the Mini 14, when folded, with a conventional Mini (not the tactical model).  Conventional means like Wal-Mart used to sell.  "Conventional" as in the simple/typical model of Mini 14.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#39]

andre3k

What is the length of that with the stock folded.  Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Does anyone have the length of the Mini 14, when folded, with a conventional Mini (not the tactical model).  Conventional means like Wal-Mart used to sell.  "Conventional" as in the simple/typical model of Mini 14.
View Quote
With my 16" non-threaded mini, it's approximately 29" long (no measurements, but I know it's tight inside a discreet carry bag that can only accommodate things up to 29" in OAL).  A standard mini is an 18" barrel, so it would be approximately 31", if it was not threaded.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#41]
A-Team yo!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Bayonet lug too, sweet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Just to say again, my 186 series SS Mini is in a carefully-bedded into a Butler Creek synthetic side folder. All metal Bead-blasted and painted witn Brownells AlumaHyde II Dark Park paint.  Other finishes might be better, but the finish I used was available a long time ago.

As accurate as I could reasonably demand; given the pencil barrel with Accu-Strut; around 2 MOA with decent ammo.

I've used Ruger side-folders, and very much prefer the now "unobtanium" Butler Creek Synthetic side folder. Ruger Mini wooden stocks are NOT known for tight stock-to-action fit, and from various reports, that includes modern repros of Ruger side-folder.   The design of the metal parts on the Ruger side-folding stocks lends itself to wear and consequent wobbling of the joints over time and usage.  For the most part, most syn stocks are are at least a tighter, and more consistent fit compared to OEM wooden Ruger Mini stocks, and a better basis for "bedding" if desired.

I certainly don't begrudge others their personal preference; your money, your choice.

Just relating my personal experiences. Best of luck to you all, no matter what your choice.

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#44]
As a side note, according to Samson, lead time is now down to under 30 days from ordering.

And they'll be offering a "black oxide" version right after January.  They have it on display at the NASGW show this week.

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As a side note, according to Samson, lead time is now down to under 30 days from ordering.

And they'll be offering a "black oxide" version right after January.  They have it on display at the NASGW show this week.

View Quote

Hot damn! That’s good to hear, now I can order a “blued stock”. Now the hunt is on for a mini…
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Glad the Ruger/Samson side folder folks are happy.  Given that the superior Butler Creek side folder is no longer available, except on the usual bidding sites, and then for an extreme amount of $$, the still-available Choate side-folder is probably the best available side-folder stock for practical users, at this time, IMHO.  YMMV, of course.

I've used them all; Just reporting on my personal experidiences.  Die-hard collectors have their own desires, and can be counted-on to drive-up bids on quality items.  Even nostalgia can be a valid motivation.  Fair enough. YMMV.    

Best wishes to all!
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#47]
How's the wood color now on the latest generation of Samson/Ruger folding stocks?

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#48]
The color is very good IMO
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

How's the wood color now on the latest generation of Samson/Ruger folding stocks?

View Quote

Got mine in July, it's on this page, I'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#50]
OK, I know I’ll get kicked in the balls on this one, but I’d buy one if they offered one version that has the exact dimensions and appearance of the wood stock version, but made out of a modern durable black plastic.  With all blacken stainless steal parts, as like on the originals.

Basically, keep the true classic Ruger look and feel, but made out of a product that far more durable than wood.

Also!!  Retain the pistol as a separate item and NOT molded DIRECTLY onto the stock’s body, to save a dollar or two.

Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top