Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2018 8:23:38 PM EDT
I am in the process of building a safe room at my new house.  I want to get 2 metal wall hanging cabinets to go over a small bench in the room.  Also I want a single matching floor cabinet that will fit under the bench.

Originally I was looking at the 28" wide gladiator cabinets until I got to see in person how cheap looking they are and how flimsy they are.

Anyone have suggestions on what to look at?  I like these husky cabinets I saw in home depot but from the reviews it seems like it is hit and miss on the quality of them:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-29-in-H-x-28-in-W-x-12-in-D-Steel-Garage-Wall-Cabinet-G2802W-US/206288225?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-302173040-_-206288225-_-N
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-33-in-H-x-28-in-W-x-18-in-D-1-Drawer-2-Door-Steel-Garage-Base-Cabinet-G2801B-US/304082053
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Vidmar makes very good, with a price tag to go along with it, tool boxes and cabinets.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks but I don't think that is what I am looking for.

I think I am going to go with Newage Pro 3.0 cabinets.  they are a Canadian company and the pro cabinets are 18 gauge steel.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 4:38:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Looking for ideas myself.
sams club has seville brand, not sure if sturdy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some saber cabinets in my shop... for the price I think they are nice
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I want to get 2 metal wall hanging cabinets to go over a small bench in the room.  Also I want a single matching floor cabinet that will fit under the bench.

Originally I was looking at the 28" wide gladiator cabinets until I got to see in person how cheap looking they are and how flimsy they are.

]
View Quote
Were the cabinets you were looking at the ones you assemble or the model that comes all factory welded together? I have the welded model in both wall and tall floor models and they aren't bad, way better than the Seville at Sams. The heavy duty Gladiator racks are real nice!
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
All the gladiator cabinets i found were not prewelded.  The newage ones are and are thicker steel.

The saber and newage cabinets look really close.  On the bottom of the saber page it does say they are made in china.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#7]
For guys looking to save money the harbor freight cabinets actually work really well. They can hold a ton of weight and look decent. Plus they are only around $50.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top