Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2018 8:06:40 AM EDT
As far as 22LR mags go in AR15 conversion rifles, i see the M&P 15-22 mags as among the best quality and the load assist is great.  I purchased 2 mags and found they seem to work with my CMMG Conversion bolt.  Is there any issue with using these mags?  I read they can only be used in the S&W rifle but seem to work great in mine.  I have seen a company make a aluminum magwell adaptor to be able to use these mags but seems like its not needed.  well except for the bolt hold.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]
They work great in any lower I have tried with the aluminum adapter.

I have read posts where it's hit or miss if using without the adapter, and it wasn't overly expensive so I opted to use one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
AR Catch22 function with SW 15 22 magazine and Catch22 magazine shim
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#3]
if you don't use something like the Boonie Packer better mag adapter that lifts the bolt catch, the plastic magazine follower will become the bolt catch, and most likely suffer some damage over time...

I just wore out my first 15-22 mag, as the feed lips wore to the point that the cartridge was allowed to tip up too early.... probably 3000+ rounds
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you don't use something like the Boonie Packer better mag adapter that lifts the bolt catch, the plastic magazine follower will become the bolt catch, and most likely suffer some damage over time...

I just wore out my first 15-22 mag, as the feed lips wore to the point that the cartridge was allowed to tip up too early.... probably 3000+ rounds
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had good luck with Black Dog Machine mags in my CMMG dedicated uppers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The Boonie mag block has worked great for me in a CMMG dedicated setup. Love the 15-22 mags.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the catch 22 adapter and bolt hold open with great success-- love them!
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Boonie mag block has worked great for me in a CMMG dedicated setup. Love the 15-22 mags.
View Quote
This is what I'm doing as well.  Love the S&W mags.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
The Boonie Packer Better Mag rocks!  Best thing I did to my Franken. 22
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I also love the Boonie Packer and use of the S&W mags.  Much more reliable, easier to load, all around better.  Win.  Win.  Win.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Is there a key to getting to two halves closed with the Boonie Packer adaptor - help!
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is there a key to getting to two halves closed with the Boonie Packer adaptor - help!
View Quote
Did it slide into the magwell easily?

Mine was a bitch to get in and then I had issues with closing the upper and the bolt catch. What I finally figured out is that the magwell had rounded inside corners and the adaptor was square. Took a file and rounded the corners of the mag block and all the issues went away.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Mine was a bitch to get in and then I had issues with closing the upper and the bolt catch. What I finally figured out is that the magwell had rounded inside corners and the adaptor was square. Took a file and rounded the corners of the mag block and all the issues went away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never could get that thing to work. Tried modifying it and everything. Went to the Catch 22 gear and it all functions flawlessly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top