Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2022 6:36:20 AM EDT
Im looking to update suspenders. I have Crye precision suspenders, Im left wanting. The condor h harness is much closer to the design Im looking for, but I want better quality and lower profile.  I have seen suspenders like Im attempting to describe but cannot find them on the internet. Im looking for harness similar to this chest rig harness but for belt.   https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/altcn102000_airlite-convertible-chest-rig
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
https://atstacticalgear.com/ats-padded-war-belt-harness/

Not sure if that's low profile enough but seems fairly minimalistic
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#2]
These ATS Lo-Pro Suspenders are about as low-profile as one can get.  Quality is GTG, and so is the $20 price.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://atstacticalgear.com/ats-padded-war-belt-harness/

Not sure if that's low profile enough but seems fairly minimalistic
View Quote

much closer but the pads are too bulky
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These ATS Lo-Pro Suspenders are about as low-profile as one can get.  Quality is GTG, and so is the $20 price.
View Quote

similar to what I have, I need wider shoulder straps but without padding.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#5]
you may want to search for british "under armour yokes", made for their heavy belt kits and meant to be worn under armour.
Jayjays or Vanguard may be for you, maybe a surplus osprey one too.
Disciple made one that looked like the tactical tailor h harness, but thinner and made of mesh with some pals webbing. i think they are out of business unluckily.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may be possible to add some (removable) wider sections/padding to the shoulder straps of the ATS item I linked, but if that is necessary, suggest considering reducing the items/weight carried on the belt.   Not being snarky, just trying to be helpful.

Condor Item you mentioned in your post above seems much like the >>different<< ATS item suggested by another poster, but nearly certain that any ATS item is much better made than any Condor item.  IMHO, the fabric and webbing on Condor gear is usually OK, but the quality of the thread used seems to have been a problem in the past, as well as the stitching workmanship.  In my experience, and admitting Condor gear has progressed in overall quality over time, I trust Condor gear in inverse proportion to the weight it will carry.  Low weight, some trust.  High weight, much less trust.  YMMV.

You did not mention how such "low-profile" suspenders will be worn, nor did you mention whether or not they will be worn in conjunction with any other gear, such as PCs, packs, and so forth.  A little more information from you would help us all to give you better suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Check it out here ******

Tactical Tailor Fight Light setup might be an option. Padded but very thin.  If the drag handle on the back is too bulky, you cut cut it off pretty easily with a sharp knife.  I have this on a belt rig and like it a lot.

Edit to add... here’s an old pic from a “modern ALICE” setup I was playing around with a while back.

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Years ago, after trying lots of different suspenders and harnesses, I settled on the Emdom\MM Battle Suspenders. A little pricey but top quality.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Years ago, after trying lots of different suspenders and harnesses, I settled on the Emdom\MM Battle Suspenders. A little pricey but top quality.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36415/EU089A-13_jpg-2414125.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36415/EU089A-14_jpg-2414126.JPG
View Quote

The removable sternum strap/neck straps might be useful, but I'd rather see the sternum strap with an easily adjustible QD fastex buckle instead of a snap.  From the look of the rig, user could emplace a snap higher-up on the rear straps to spread them out on the rear of the belt a little more.  Good suggestion, IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I use these on my warbelt HSGI

I was concerned about them creating hotspots under my PC but so far so good.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:14:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I use these on my warbelt HSGI

I was concerned about them creating hotspots under my PC but so far so good.
View Quote

I use that on my recce rig under my PC; Tactical Tailor Fight Lite pictured above if not wearing armor. Both are outstanding.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#12]
This has peaked my interest but anyone know anything about this company?  https://eu.directactiongear.com/en/mosquito-h-harness.html#AGR
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#13]
FYI Im trying to find a battle belt/suspender combo that can function as a LBE for woodland ops but transform into a battle belt for mounted/urban ops.
Cyre suspenders straps where not wide enough to support the weight of LBE setup. Thus my hunt for suspenders.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FYI Im trying to find a battle belt/suspender combo that can function as a LBE for woodland ops but transform into a battle belt for mounted/urban ops.
Cyre suspenders straps where not wide enough to support the weight of LBE setup. Thus my hunt for suspenders.
View Quote

I tried that but eventually gave up and pieced together two belts: Esstac inner/outer for use on its own on the range or with a PC; and an HSGI Sure Grip with suspenders, primarily to be used as LBE.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Check it out here ******

Tactical Tailor Fight Light setup might be an option. Padded but very thin.  If the drag handle on the back is too bulky, you cut cut it off pretty easily with a sharp knife.  I have this on a belt rig and like it a lot.

Edit to add... here’s an old pic from a “modern ALICE” setup I was playing around with a while back.

https://i.postimg.cc/bvLpM3n6/CF9669-B6-79-EF-4968-9-E7-A-18-A3073-B36-D7.png
View Quote

Neat looking setup.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Check out he HX Hybrid Harness from Wise Men Company.  

https://wisemencompany.com/hx-hybrid-harness/
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Just bought a 3-pak of these Danish LBE suspenders.  Not yet received, but looked fairly decent, what with some mesh provided in the usual "heat" areas, and their being "User-alterable" 6-point suspemders, IOW, cut off what you don't need.  Prefer as many attachement points as possible, but YMMV. Camo seems to be reasonably compatible with Multicam.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist?k=danish%20military%20surplus

Will report back once the items are in-hand.

ETA: Just received.   Please refer to pix linked above.  Main body is padded with 3/16" foam.  Rear straps are 3/4" width; side and front straps are 1" wide.  Typical mil-spec materials/construction quality.  There were some "rough" places in the stitch-throughs on the inside of the yoke, and these had to be carefully heated, melted, and "flattened"  so to prevent these "rough" points from poking the user's skin.

There are some horizontal sections of 1" webbing alongside the drag handle at top rear of the yoke, and these points could be used as top attachment points for a bladder carrier or the like.  Possibly the side-straps could be used as bottom attachment points.

Those wishing to wear this unit under a PC or chest rig can cut off the plastic buckles (and perhaps the parts of the loops that secure the buckles, and use flat metal or plastic tri-glide buckles to secure the straps at their lower ends.  IOW, the new buckles need not be beneath the item(s) worn over it.

The 1" side straps can be carefully cut away and doing so is recommended for use under a PC, due to the extra webbing fabric used to secure the top-mounted OEM buckles adding some possibly objectionable bulk/discomfort at the buckle attachment points.  Performing these mods will  make the surplus Dutch unit look much like the multicam Brit "yoke" pictured below, but it will be a 4-point yoke.

Locating the new tri-glide buckles lower on the straps will likely allow the very long straps to be trimmed to a shorter length.  Suggest leaving enough extra strap for use over cold-weather clothing, and cutting the ends of the straps at a 45 deg angle for ease in threading through the buckles; sear the cut nylon to prevent unravelling.

OTOH, can certainly be used as-is, with or without the buckle change.  This provides a reasonably priced 6-point yoke.

For general reference, I consider these Danish yokes considerably superior to USGI "H" or "Y" yokes.

If these units suit your needs, suggest considering them.

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#18]
That is the danish 1996 pattern webbing harness (i can't write the original name properly) that is basically a copy of the british plce.

British soldiers have been using the standard plce harness (or "yoke") under body armour since forever, i guess it was good enough ecen if buckles and extra material can be unconfortable and create hot spots and rash.
That said, as i said just before there are aftermarket uk makers that make under armour yokes that are basically stripped down plce harnesses, lacking the drag handles and the triglides and usually being made of a thinner mesh material.

However today many uk makers seems to favor simpler x shaped unpadded suspenders made of wide 2 or 3 inch webbing.
Dragon still makes a under armour yoke that is basically a mesh tactical vest without any pouches (which as weird as it sounds it's something that's been popular with uk soldiers for a couple of decades).
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This has peaked my interest but anyone know anything about this company?  https://eu.directactiongear.com/en/mosquito-h-harness.html#AGR
View Quote

OP, coincidently I came across your thread looking for something similar as you.
FWIW I have a direct action gear mosquito panel on my 2 gun belt. I won’t booger up your thread with details.
FWIW they did respond pretty quickly to an inquiry I submitted on the website. I did end up making the purchase and received the item in a timely manner so the outfit is legit.
The product seems like a decent bit of kit but a bit pricey for what it is. It’s laser cut molle very similar to blue force gear stuff.  It’s holding up pretty well well so far but I’ve only run it for three matches.

HTH
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I found this as well, https://www.tardigradetactical.com/collections/harnesses/products/infantry-low-profile-harness
why do I have to look to Europe for this kind of harness? I would have thought in USA we would have this kind of thing.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Blue Force Gear,

Belt Minus V3 hits all your criteria. I've been using one for a couple of years and love it. It is also comfortable under a plate carrier.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/beltminus-v3

wpns man
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I found this as well, https://www.tardigradetactical.com/collections/harnesses/products/infantry-low-profile-harness
why do I have to look to Europe for this kind of harness? I would have thought in USA we would have this kind of thing.
View Quote
I concur.  However, with latest plunge of the Euro with respect to the Dollar, and even with shipping, the linked yoke might make economic sense to some.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#23]
The trick is, with most Nylon Suspenders/Yokes, is to be able to punch ventilating holes in the Yoke/shoulder straps/body of the Yoke ensemble, should they lack such, and such heated punch also sear the edges of the punched holes in the fabric.

Some very modern nylon suspenders come with such ventilating holes/slits.  There is every reason to hope that the proper heated punch, applied to pre-existing (and inexpensive) yokes could achieve the same goals.

Suggest punching the holes from the inside outwards.

I'm looking for such a tool.  If you know of one, please assist.

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The trick is, with most Nylon Suspenders/Yokes, is to be able to punch ventilating holes in the Yoke/shoulder straps/body of the Yoke ensemble, should they lack such, and such heated punch also sear the edges of the punched holes in the fabric.

Some very modern nylon suspenders come with such ventilating holes/slits.  There is every reason to hope that the proper heated punch, applied to pre-existing (and inexpensive) yokes could achieve the same goals.

View Quote

Would a soldering iron work, or is the tip too big (hyuk hyuk)?  I've had such ideas before for other kinds of DIY gearmaking with synthetic materials like nylon or cordura.  I just never got around to buying the iron.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a pair of SOC-C that I like, but they are discontinued.
They wouldn't be that hard to make using general practice webbing skills.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Try the Eagle Industries one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#28]
VTAC combat suspenders
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Would a soldering iron work, or is the tip too big (hyuk hyuk)?  I've had such ideas before for other kinds of DIY gearmaking with synthetic materials like nylon or cordura.  I just never got around to buying the iron.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Suggest that it might be imperative/vital for user to instantly dump all their equipment, including belt.  Drowning in water has a way of >>concentrating<< one's thoughts.  Having gear items with intuitive quick-release buckles might make the difference between life and death.  As always, train with such items under very stressful conditions.

Link Posted: 8/21/2022 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Check it out here ******

https://i.postimg.cc/bvLpM3n6/CF9669-B6-79-EF-4968-9-E7-A-18-A3073-B36-D7.png
View Quote

What belt and belt cover are you using with those suspenders?  I'm digging the Modern LBE design.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What belt and belt cover are you using with those suspenders?  I'm digging the Modern LBE design.
View Quote

Manufactured by Safariland back in the day as part of the SPEAR ELCS kit issued to SOF forces. The base system was a vest with front MOLLE panels, but the kit also included a belt adapter. I found the belt adapter pieces for sale HERE. Would have to track down the other pieces on eBay. Looking at it, you might also be able to cannibalize a belt from a more common MOLLE FLC.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a fabric "suitcase" stuffed-full of Safariland-made Spear LBE items, along with GI list of included items.  High quality stuff.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Purchased a couple pair of the Grey Ghost Gear UGF 3 Point Suspender Harness- Laminate. They have another model that isn't "laminate" but they just look strange. These have a sort of German combat Y-strap vibe. They recommend them for use with their battle belt but using the G-Hooks they should work with most any battle belt.

I haven't used them a lot so can't offer a detailed review but like them so far. The straps have elastic... I'm not a big fan of elastic in gear but it works well in these. I'll just have to see how it ages.  

Also: I thought I got a good deal last fall with 30% off. Shortly afterwards, (Black Friday, Cyber Monday) they went on sale for 50% off!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Purchased a couple pair of the Grey Ghost Gear UGF 3 Point Suspender Harness- Laminate. They have another model that isn't "laminate" but they just look strange. These have a sort of German combat Y-strap vibe. They recommend them for use with their battle belt but using the G-Hooks they should work with most any battle belt.

I haven't used them a lot so can't offer a detailed review but like them so far. The straps have elastic... I'm not a big fan of elastic in gear but it works well in these. I'll just have to see how it ages.  

Also: I thought I got a good deal last fall with 30% off. Shortly afterwards, (Black Friday, Cyber Monday) they went on sale for 50% off!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36415/2-ggp90375_jpg-2498215.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36415/2-ggp903714_jpg-2498216.JPG
View Quote
Grey Ghost Gear suspenders look decent, since non-laminated units are "ventilated" with punched, ventilating holes.  Probably the best of the 3-point suspenders I've yet seen, but I prefer 4-point suspenders.  YMMV.
GGG Unlaminated 3-Point Suspenders
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Redundant.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top