Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2018 6:58:12 PM EDT
About 5 years ago, a friend of mine made these for me on his lathe.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple of the old style Dillon holder, looks like a trophy base with a plug along the lines of what your friend made.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I store mine in a cabinet.  It keeps the dust and dirt off of them and reduces rusting.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat!

I was thinking about making my own too.

I have a plate jointer/biscuit cutter, and its small diameter circular blade is close to the size of a 650 shellplate.

Also I figure then I could drill 3 or 4 holes for the brass locator pins.

I'd have to look at that little silver shell guide and that plastic colored tube for the case feeder.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I made something like that. I had a 5gal bucket full of 1" 6061 remnants (end piece from running bar stock on a CNC lathes). They were done as random lengths since I didn't know how much height would be needed for any given die set config.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the one I made with some old 1x6s I had and black iron pipe fittings.  Top holds the tool head middle holds the 650 conversion box and bottom holds the bullet feeder wheel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Mines even simpler.

I take a 2x6 and a 1” spade bit to drill holes to match the pattern of the tool head.

I’d go take pictures but im laying on the couch with a badly twisted knee.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I store mine in a cabinet.  It keeps the dust and dirt off of them and reduces rusting.
View Quote
Throw some sheets of VPCI paper in there.

Try and find some that has a lot of metals listed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 1:33:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top